DJTT Midimap Website Beta - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    DJTT San Fran HQ Admin

Quote Originally Posted by zestoi View Post
    * i see the option to upload an image - i presume its not a limit of just one?
    It's just one at the moment, we talked about it last week and we decided to keep it as one image at the moment.

* is it easy to embed the images within the actual text so u can add descriptions like u can on the forum? (i will need at least 4 or 5 images with descriptions for each when i post my midimasher launchpad map)
    At the moment there is no embedding of images or videos, just basic text formatting. I think embedding images would be a good enhancement. We've implemented the bare minimum to find out what people really need.

* how do i select more than one controller? the map i will want to upload (F1 emulation for traktor 2.5) will be for launchpad+nanokontrol but it will also work (with a minor edit) on something like an apc40
    You can't select more than one controller. If you have an "edit" of a mapping that works with another controller then you can click the "Upload an edit of this mapping" button to copy the data. That way you get the benefit of being able to track the popularity of each edit separately.

can we have some more editor controls? i see you're using something from yahoo - not sure what other controls u can add but would def need to be able to embed a link (unless hrefs are automatically converted wiki style?) and indents etc.
    Links are automatically detected and converted.

the actual editor area is also kind of small - ideal for a small description but not so great if needing to really add some big explanations - tho cant get to see what might be on the next page without anything to upload ofc.
    Yes I agree, it should be wider.

edit: could be these issues won't affect anyone else so wouldn't make sense to add anyway - just mentioning things as i think of them
    I quite sure many of these issue will affect others too, so please keep going!

DJTT San Fran HQ Admin

would make more sense probably (automatically) to increment the z in x.y.z? with ofc the option for the user to change what they actually want to
    I've modelled the convention after Flashflooders method where x = major version, y = minor version, z = internal build. But, in the end, if you have your own convention, then you can use it. The auto increment is really designed for people that don't have any version numbering scheme and just want it to happen for them automatically.

Quote Originally Posted by DJTT John View Post
    It's just one at the moment, we talked about it last week and we decided to keep it as one image at the moment.

At the moment there is no embedding of images or videos, just basic text formatting. I think embedding images would be a good enhancement. We've implemented the bare minimum to find out what people really need.
    sure - make sense to start with the basics and then add to them. if u look thru the mappings threads on the forum you'll see plenty of people embedding multiple images. ofc also some people don't bother with any to get people to choose to use this new site instead of the forum u need to add more/easier features tho ofc as opposed to less. imho i'd think the ideal situation would be to have all files/images/descriptions in your site with an optional forum thread link from it for discussion (which then could also ofc be embedded directly in your site too)

You can't select more than one controller. If you have an "edit" of a mapping that works with another controller then you can click the "Upload an edit of this mapping" button to copy the data. That way you get the benefit of being able to track the popularity of each edit separately.
    fair enough. tbh i am rather odd in needing more than one i would then just choose the main controller or maybe just "other"

in theory most midimasher mappings are quite generic - as the controllers "device" file abstracts the actual midi from any other config/lua script. 99% of a midimasher config deals with named events and any controller that names it's controls the same way will be able to use the same mapping.

Links are automatically detected and converted.
    cool
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123