Modifiers - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Modifiers

Quote Originally Posted by ZiiK View Post
    I'm tempted to get a scs3d to have on the side for crazy fx mappings. Or perhaps an X-session, I could use some more faders...

If there was a decent 4 or more channel controller that was good value I would get that right away. One without jogs... Just like a regular mixer. Like the djm101 but larger would be perfect.
    i think u just described the soon to be released K2 - which is exactly what will be replacing my djm101

Should probably ditch the scs and x-session and save up for the vcm instead.
    Would probably use my twitch a lot less then but just like the layout! Been thinking about something along the lines of VCM as my main, Twitch for FX and jog functions, launchpad controlling ableton.
    i picked up both my scs.3d's for 50quid each. pretty cheap but i guess it all adds up - esp as i really don't seem to use both of them together (yet?)

no reason why something like the launchpad can't be used to control traktor and ableton on different pages, but doesnt sound like u need it for traktor with the twitch as well.

k2+twitch+launchpad... now that would be a cool setup i will def get a twitch sometime, but can't afford one right now.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Tech Wizard

Have looked at the K2 aswell, and it sure beats the VCM on price and portability!
    Would make a good compact setup for traveling to. K2+launchpad...
    Thanks for bringing that back up!

Quote Originally Posted by ZiiK View Post
    Have looked at the K2 aswell, and it sure beats the VCM on price and portability!
    Would make a good compact setup for traveling to. K2+launchpad...
    Thanks for bringing that back up!
    yep - nice combination
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Quote Originally Posted by zestoi View Post
    each mapping/tsi has it's own set of 8 modifiers in tp2 - they used to be shared i think, but i haven't really used previous versions.

u can ofc have multiple mappings connected to the same controller, so u can then gain access to more modifiers if needed.

not having any shared ones can also be a pain tho if u are just mapping using traktor and not any middleware software.
    OH. MY. FRUSTRATING. GOD.

l;aksdjf;lksajfaf

I've been mapping for a year and liked to think I was really good at it. Not two weeks ago, I finished a really complex and I (again, liked to think) well engineered VCI-100 arcade mapping. Using all 8 modifiers pretty much to their full potential. Beatjuggling, four decks, sample deck control, instant fx, some midifighter-esque stuff, loop control, you name it.

And now you tell me i could have used more than one mapping routed to the same controller and the modifiers wouldnt interfere????

Mind = blown, but also i feel so frustrated with myself for not even trying it before, assuming they would mess with one another. I know I learned a lot about planning and tight engineering through trying to make stuff work with only 8 modifiers, but I can't even imagine what I could have accomplished with pretty much unlimited modifiers.

Gyearaararrrghhh.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123