WANTED: MPD32 Midi Fighter Mapping - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Tech Convert

I got it working i put i had to put "all ports" it didnt work with just having it the way you specified on the instructions for some reason

Tech Convert

and for the after touch i used the Vyzex programmer to turn it off on its own program

Quote Originally Posted by Dukez View Post
    is this correct?
    nope - as it's telling u that it can't find the midi devices

u have ports named like "MidiFighter 1 Input" in loopmidi but the config is looking for "MidiFighter1 Input", better to change the loopMIDI port names (i.e: delete that space) but u could change the config file instead; ofc you'll have to remember then to edit the config file if u download a newer version each time.

and i did mix up the mpd32 IN and OUT ports as i mentioned i may have done, had a brain block as to which way round they should be before - so switch those two around so your config file now has this in:

Code:
    open_midi_device("traktor", "traktor", "Traktor to MM", "MM to Traktor")
    open_midi_device("mpd32", "mpd32", "MIDIIN2 (Akai MPD32)", "MIDIOUT2 (Akai MPD32)")
    open_midi_device("midifighter1", "generic", "MidiFighter1 Input", "MidiFighter1 Output")
    virtual_midifighter_4banks("mpd32", 0, "midifighter1", 0, 0, 127, 0)
    and for the after touch i used the Vyzex programmer to turn it off on its own program
    ok cool - in theory it shouldn't matter and might even be useful for some stuff but not needed for a midifighter clone ofc. tho u could later have some toggle button elsewhere on the mpd32 that switches the 4x4 grid between the midifighter and a diff set of 16 buttons that u can map to other stuff where maybe aftertouch etc could be useful - for fx maybe?
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

I got it working i put i had to put "all ports" it didnt work with just having it the way you specified on the instructions for some reason
    cool that it works

all ports is ok if u don't want to connect any other midi device, but the real fix is to change those port names that i just posted about.

also i noticed that your output mentions not being able to find a "mpd18"? not sure why it would be trying to open one, this should be your config/mpd32_midifighter_4banks.lua:

Code:
    open_midi_device("traktor", "traktor", "Traktor to MM", "MM to Traktor")
    open_midi_device("mpd32", "mpd32", "MIDIIN2 (Akai MPD32)", "MIDIOUT2 (Akai MPD32)")
    open_midi_device("midifighter1", "generic", "MidiFighter1 Input", "MidiFighter1 Output")
    virtual_midifighter_4banks("mpd32", 0, "midifighter1", 0, 0, 127, 0)
    u got the instant grat tsi all loaded and working ok then? it is fun to play with - but i don't think i'd ever use it playing out. i'm sure there's plenty more 4banks mode tsi files that people have created ofc that u could now use

if u have a button elsewhere on your mpd32 that has led feedback so can be turned into a toggle button you could even just use 2 layers/pages and turn the 4x4 grid into two "normal mode" midifighters using the deckalized mapping. plenty of options.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl

Tech Convert

im checking the settings again cause it turns the FX on and off so its like flashing everywhere when i press a pad, and i was watching the ports at the same time as i pressed a pad and they change they keep going up they dont stay on just one

im checking the settings again cause it turns the FX on and off so its like flashing everywhere when i press a pad, and i was watching the ports at the same time as i pressed a pad and they change they keep going up they dont stay on just one
    what's flashing? the CTRL 'led' in traktor or something? and/or the effects unit status in traktor?

you could try pasting here the output from when u press one button (like the bottom left one in bank one for example) and then i can compare to what output i get and also from my real midifigher in 4banks mode. you'd need to run debug_file.bat which will create a text file called debug.txt that i can use to debug.

it will contain messages to/from your mpd32 and to/from traktor so will give me a complete idea (in theory) of whats happening. sounds similar to the issue the guy had when he tried on a mpd18. has to (i guess) be *something* to do with the velocity-sensitiveness and/or aftertouch screwing the pooch.

Tech Convert

I'll let you know, I've been a bit busy. I'm going to look threw it tonight.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123