S4/ S2 Windows users - Still have crackle and pop issues? - Page 4

View Poll Results: Do you use Traktor on Windows and still have issues with crackles and pops?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, and it is driving me crazy. I've done nothing to try and fix it..

1 2.38%
  • Yes, and I've tried all the tips I could find in the interenet, still no solution.

10 23.81%
  • Sometimes, but I know the reasons and can get around them.

8 19.05%
  • I've fixed the issues and Traktor runs well.

12 28.57%
  • I never had an issue with crackles or pops.

11 26.19%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by aGhost View Post
    You should read this and check the latency settings. I stopped having latency issues at 512.

http://blog.dubspot.com/traktor-pro-...spots-dj-endo/

Also, I've had great results with this script by SmiTTTen...to improve tratkor's performance and latency issues.

http://www.djtechtools.com/2011/08/1...-power-script/
    512 is not to high? Its giving like 15 ms delay, maybd in home use its ok, but when i connect it to club mixer its to much

Yeah, Ean says a latency of 10ms is about max for a professional performance situation.

scamo
    Skooppa - the revolution is beginning!

You want the best FX jogs on the S4? Then try this mapping!

Our Mixes: Mixcloud - Soundcloud
    Hehe...yeah. We're just beginning.

I think it depends on what you're doing, controllerist routines, than I gotta agree, if it's traditional DJing, I think 15 is quite acceptable as wel.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Tech Mentor

So the article from DJ Endo says:

"The recommended setting for using Traktor on most MacBook Pro is 44100 Hz Sample rate and 512 MS Latency. This is because this is the standard sample rate used by most CDs. If you’re a turntablist, you might want to use a lower latency setting. It’s worth noting that a lower latency will give you a quicker response, but it will also stress your computer more, and possibly cause audio dropouts. Keep an eye on your CPU meters when your using Traktor. If the CPU meter is going in the reds you might need to raise your latency."

So acutally the latency it's about 13.1ms which is not that bad. I use this settings on a not-so-great windows 7 pc and I have managed to have good results. Given that I have to play 5-6 hrs sets at a club weekly, makes the S2 very stable throughout the night. I had the latency lower and had a few issues after my 3rd hour.

This is what is working for me right now, I hope it works for somebody else, or someone else have more tips that can share.
    Macbook Pro 15' - Kontrol S4 - MF Pro Beatmasher - NI Maschine- Korg Nano Kontrol - Akai MPK Mini- Champagne Bottles

i wouldnt go by the latency quoted in traktor there. the latency will be changing constantly depending what the laptop is doing. use a program like dpc latency checker (http://www.thesycon.de/deu/latency_check.shtml) anything above 1ms is bad. mine never goes above 600us (0.6ms) when switching between traktor and firefox with 2 decks playing...
    keepin' it real since 1999... DJAdamDaniel.co.uk

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by aGhost View Post
    So the article from DJ Endo says:

"The recommended setting for using Traktor on most MacBook Pro is 44100 Hz Sample rate and 512 MS Latency. This is because this is the standard sample rate used by most CDs. If you’re a turntablist, you might want to use a lower latency setting. It’s worth noting that a lower latency will give you a quicker response, but it will also stress your computer more, and possibly cause audio dropouts. Keep an eye on your CPU meters when your using Traktor. If the CPU meter is going in the reds you might need to raise your latency."

So acutally the latency it's about 13.1ms which is not that bad. I use this settings on a not-so-great windows 7 pc and I have managed to have good results. Given that I have to play 5-6 hrs sets at a club weekly, makes the S2 very stable throughout the night. I had the latency lower and had a few issues after my 3rd hour.

This is what is working for me right now, I hope it works for somebody else, or someone else have more tips that can share.
    strange, but with same settings i have 16 ms((
    why??

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by PsyCura View Post
    strange, but with same settings i have 16 ms((
    why??
    I think we are just getting off topic here. The question was do you still have crackles and pops with the S2? if you don't then it's most likely resolved. If you have latency issues with your system, that perhaps is not related with the S2, but instead with your system. And there are may threads and articles that talk about optimizing windows for Traktor.

Anyway, I was playing around with the latency settings last night and manage to get it on 9.3 without having crackles and pops or any drop outs.

Padi_04, posted this very useful link:

http://www.native-instruments.com/kn...dio+processing

You can find his post on this thread:

http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46380

hope this helps.
    Last edited by aGhost; 02-09-2012 at 01:27 PM.
    Macbook Pro 15' - Kontrol S4 - MF Pro Beatmasher - NI Maschine- Korg Nano Kontrol - Akai MPK Mini- Champagne Bottles

seriously guys, try this dpc latency checker program. an actual latency of even 1ms is bad...
    keepin' it real since 1999... DJAdamDaniel.co.uk

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234