Traktor - select FX with fader/encoder?
    Tech Wizard

Default Traktor - select FX with fader/encoder?

I'm playing around with Lemur on ios and am super excited about the 'lemurMenu'. It's basically a drop down menu. I'm hoping to use it to select fx in an fx group. Sadly it's not working 100%.

I currently have a drop down with 32 options. I have Traktor sending the selected effect perfectly, and the menu on the lemur reflects whatever is selected in traktor.

What I can't get working is the actual selection. I have Traktor listening for 'fx select' but the only thing I can get halfway working is if I set the input to 'fader' and 'relative' mode. What I really want is direct mode but not having much luck.

So... anyone have any idea how I can map the fx select to a fader?

Update.. UGH. I just tested my mpd24 and mapping the fader to select fx was stupid easy. For some reason I can't get the same outcome with Lemur.
    Last edited by J5k; 12-09-2011 at 10:57 AM.

Tech Convert

I have FX select mapped to the regular faders in through Lemur. Not the drop down menu, just a fader mapped to FX select. Works pretty well, though not necessarily the fix you're looking for. It does allow "direct" control, though.

Hi,

It was a lot of trial and error, but I got the menu to work correctly for FX selection in Traktor Pro 2. Moreover, I got it working both ways so if you make a selection in Traktor with mouse/keyboard or other controller, it is translated back to your Lemur template.

The key is to scale both input and output correctly for your menu object. I also had to use two different midi messages for those. It's hard to explain, but you are welcome to check out my template and mapping and reverse engineer them if you want to. You can find everything here.

Let me know if you have any specific questions.

Quote Originally Posted by J5k View Post
    I'm playing around with Lemur on ios and am super excited about the 'lemurMenu'. It's basically a drop down menu. I'm hoping to use it to select fx in an fx group. Sadly it's not working 100%.

I currently have a drop down with 32 options. I have Traktor sending the selected effect perfectly, and the menu on the lemur reflects whatever is selected in traktor.

What I can't get working is the actual selection. I have Traktor listening for 'fx select' but the only thing I can get halfway working is if I set the input to 'fader' and 'relative' mode. What I really want is direct mode but not having much luck.

So... anyone have any idea how I can map the fx select to a fader?

Update.. UGH. I just tested my mpd24 and mapping the fader to select fx was stupid easy. For some reason I can't get the same outcome with Lemur.
    2 + 2 = 4