Am I crazy for really wanting and considering a pair of CDJ-2000s? - Page 9
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

I wouldn't buy CDJ-900s, if I'm spending that much already I want those color screens among other things.

Quote Originally Posted by guiltyblade View Post
    I would love a DJM 2000. But I think a DJM 900 would probably fit my work flow. How do you like the 2000?
    I love it. I did try the 900 but prefer the 2000 for launching effects as the centre section is based on the efx1000. I now have 3 cdjs so the built in router is very handy and using the built in sampler and sending to a cdj is good fun.
    CDJ2000 x 3 : DJM900 : Novation Remote SL25 : Ableton L8 : Traktor Pro 2

I did some hunting via CL and ebay. Found a set local from a guy on eBay. had buy it now for 2400. I went to his place check them out. Guy lost his job and had to sell them, he just got them before xmas and I have the receipt so yeah, guess I'm lucky!. I gave him 2200 cash to avoid paypal fees, ebay fees, and shipping. He was happy and now I'm ecstatic. With hunting you can find a pair on ebay for 2500 if you are ok with used equipment.

Now I have to find a deal on technics like you did Xone!

I'll have to play with both. mixers too. I haven't had a chance to play with either really to know what I would prefer. Just by looks I think it would feel more natural for me to go to a 900 especially since all my experience comes from djm 500,600,700, and 800, and I own a 700 so the work flow seems similar.

I did some hunting via CL and ebay. Found a set local from a guy on eBay. had buy it now for 2400. I went to his place check them out. Guy lost his job and had to sell them, he just got them before xmas and I have the receipt so yeah, guess I'm lucky!. I gave him 2200 cash to avoid paypal fees, ebay fees, and shipping. He was happy and now I'm ecstatic. With hunting you can find a pair on ebay for 2500 if you are ok with used equipment.

I'll trade you a bunch of modded technics for those CDJs

Tech Mentor

I'll have to play with both. mixers too. I haven't had a chance to play with either really to know what I would prefer. Just by looks I think it would feel more natural for me to go to a 900 especially since all my experience comes from djm 500,600,700, and 800, and I own a 700 so the work flow seems similar.
    Would i be dumb to pass this up.....

Guy has 2x cdj-2000s listed at $2500. I think i can get em for $2300 cash. 1 is absolute perfect working and cosmetic condition. The other is perfect cosmetic but the cd player skips a little. Otherwise, it works perfect. I use my cdjs in HID mode anyways....should i just buy em and get it over with?
    | 13" MBP (mid 2010) | Traktor Pro 2.0.3 | Audio 8DJ | Kontrol X1 | Akai LPD8 | 2 x CDJ-400 | Allen & Heath Xone 42 | AIAIAI TMA-1 | 2xRokit KRK 6SE WHITE |

hmmmm, tough to say about the one skipping..... could just be a mis-aligned laser or it could just need a cleaning cd in it.

Its not a bad deal though for sure.....Personally I never use Cds on mine anyways. Always thumb drives, or HID so its not too bad of a deal at all!

How is HID with Traktor 2 these days?

Last I heard it was kind of shitty and it wasn't a priority of NI to improve it.

I hear CDJ-2000s in advanced HID with SSL is pretty sweet though.

If one CDJ skips get him to go way lower. Get him down to $2000.

Tech Guru

Fuck spending over a grand for a cdj that doesnt play cds properly...

Forget getting CDJ-2000 for now. it has been discontinued & will be replaced with 2000 Nexus in April

http://excessiverecordsdjshop.blogspot.com/

this is one of the leading dj shop in Malaysia, they can't be lying

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast