Need some help please
    Tech Convert

Default Need some help please

I have a behringer ddm400 and am looking to get either a m audio trigger finger or akai apc40. Im really split between the two. I first want to make sure that i can manipulate songs (cd, mp3, ect) with either controller. I want it for more than music production. I also want to make sure they can be connected through my ddm400 and what cable is needed. Just need some help figuring out which controller is right for me and how to connect it to my mixer and computer, any help is greatly appreciated

they're really quite different animals... the trigger finger should be great for drum programming as is velocity sensitive. it has sliders and pots too ofc. it can be connected via usb but also has a real 5din midi connector.

the apc40 is midi, but no actual midi connector, it just connects direct to your pc via usb. not velocity sensitive and afaik has encoders not pots. the pads are backlit tho and very geared up for clip triggering in live.

it looks like the ddm400 has midi in/out/thru 5din connectors on the back, so then i presume the trigger finger should be able to connect directly to it, so long as u use the power pack for the TF. no clue if u can edit what midi the TF sends out tho and/or edit what midi you can use to control various things on the ddm400.

both are midi, so as far as connecting them to your pc and using to control songs both are fine. very different set of controls on each tho ofc...
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"