New S2 Mapping into VCI-100 mapping? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Just use simple 9 pin male to female serial cable . You can buy this cable in any electronic shop , ive bought mine from Maplins for 9.99£.

Tech Wizard

As I've been pretty busy I didn't get around finishing the mapping. The 4 deck support isn't quite complete.
    I had to change the modifiers quite a bit to accommodate the two seperate FX groups. That meant copying pretty much every control multiple times, and as you know that's tedious as hell.

Anyways, the mapping is based on DJTT's v4.1 for the VCI. FX selection works as in 3.6.4 (tiny black button + headphone cue). I tried to model the FX chains as closely after Ean's video as possible, but as that's the only source I had, I'm not sure how accurate they are. The 4th preset slot is empty, but could be used for another cool effect.
    Important: when first starting up Traktor you have to load one of the presets in each deck (A&B currently) before being able to use JogFX mode.

FX banks 1&2 are used for the jog FX, 3&4 slicer and echo.

As I said, everything concerning decks C&D is really wonky, but the rest should work fine.

Let me know what you think.

Cheers,
    klaemo

PS: obviously it only works reliably with FW 1.4. I have no idea how it behaves on < 1.4

edit: I fixed the FX section bugs mentioned by brianpkelly. Check out version 1.1. Loading and controlling fx presets in non-JogFX mode should work as expected now.
    Furthermore, I fixed a problem with the monitor cue buttons.
    Last edited by klaemo; 02-02-2012 at 07:17 AM.

Tech Wizard

Thanks for your work, klaemo!
    i gonna try it now!
    Thanks a lot!

Tech Convert

Default Re: New S2 Mapping into VCI-100 mapping?

big ups to klaemo.. will be checking this out this weekend

Tech Wizard

Default Testing mapping

I dont know why but with this mapping doesnt work the jogs for scratch or bend, only work in fx mode.
    You can fixit?

Tech Mentor

hey thanks klaemo! the new fx presets sound so awesome! much more useful than the previous fx presets. thanks so much for all your effort!

a couple notes:

it seems that the buttons below the four horizontal knobs no longer have any function when in bank 1 or 2. they used to turn on or off the 3 fx slots and load new effect when pushing shift + button. they do still trigger and load samples into sample deck when in bank 3.

also, when in fader fx mode, the line faders no longer control any effects.

i know it must be a huge endeavor to duplicate and edit a mapping so complex so hats off to you my friend!
    2011 MacbookPro-Lion (2.2GHz i7), Audio 10Dj, Allen&Heath Xone 42, 2 X Technic SL-1200MK3, VCI-100SE - FW1.4 (TSI 4.0), Kontrol X1, 2 X Novation Dicers, iPad (TouchOSC), TraktorScratchPro 2.6

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by ronnin45 View Post
    I dont know why but with this mapping doesnt work the jogs for scratch or bend, only work in fx mode.
    You can fixit?
    I can't reproduce that. Works fine for me. Did you import the mapping twice and restart Traktor? What firmware and what Traktor version do you have?

Quote Originally Posted by brianpkelly@hotmail.com View Post
    hey thanks klaemo! the new fx presets sound so awesome! much more useful than the previous fx presets. thanks so much for all your effort!

a couple notes:

it seems that the buttons below the four horizontal knobs no longer have any function when in bank 1 or 2. they used to turn on or off the 3 fx slots and load new effect when pushing shift + button. they do still trigger and load samples into sample deck when in bank 3.

also, when in fader fx mode, the line faders no longer control any effects.

i know it must be a huge endeavor to duplicate and edit a mapping so complex so hats off to you my friend!
    you're talking about the buttons, right? I see what you mean, it only seems to happen once you have loaded an fx preset for jog fx mode. I'll look into it.

line faders: well, there no longer is a fader FX mode. it's JogFX now, like in the S2 mapping. or do you mean something else?

Tech Wizard

I fixed the FX section bugs mentioned by brianpkelly. Check out version 1.1. Loading and controlling fx presets in non-JogFX mode should work as expected now.
    Furthermore, I fixed a problem with the monitor cue buttons.

Enjoy!

PS: What do you guys think about the FX presets from the S2 mapping? Did I adapt them accurately enough or should we tweak them somehow?

Tech Wizard

Just downloaded now, I'll load it up tonight and play around with it a bit.

I had thought about trying to take the 4.1 tsi and changing only the effects used in the JogFX combos. There's so much going on in that mapping I'm sure it wouldn't take much to break the functionality. I do really miss my ArmyofMe "whoosh" and a few other superknobs I had mapped before I went to fw1.4\4.1 tsi.

Big ups for tackling this and helping to delve in to what's a pretty tedius endeavor.

Tech Wizard

I think in the ean golden mapping the dry wet its a fixed value for each preset
    and in your mapping goes up and down, this its a fixable part. and the jogs only work in scratch mode, or fx mode, but in no cd mode (scratch off) doesnt work, and its super necessary to work good in club with too much bass vibrations

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast