VMS4 (everything's under control mapping)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default VMS4 (everything's under control mapping)

Here's the second version of my "everything is undercontrol' VMS4 mapping.
    The mains features (at the moment) are :
    • 4 deck control
    • three modes (the switcher are ready, two modes are implemented
    • independant part of the controler switches
    • JogFX (four presets ATM), HUGE update on this version.
    • loop roll
    • clever browsing
    • echo freeze effect
    • sample deck mode focused on instant remixing,
    • and a lot more coming soon...

The incoming features are :
    • beatslicer,
    • instant FX ala Midifghter,
    • more JogFX presets...

You can see the UPDATED documentation http://=http://prezi.com/lybokhlu8ps...ng-manual/here

Cause the tsi file is too big for the forum, here's a NEW download link :
    http://minus.com/m0VvPQIGM#1

Enjoy!
    Last edited by Just Friday; 01-18-2012 at 11:10 AM. Reason: UPDATE!
    Just friday @ soundcloud| Samurai.fm | facebook
    Setup : Dual booted Alienware M11X : Ubuntu Studio : Mixxx 1.11 + ubuntustudio/Windows 7:Traktor pro 2+Reason
    Custom Mappings for this devices : Xone K2, Xone DB2, Technics mk2, Akai Ldp8, Midifighter Classic, Korg Nanokontrol 2, American Audio VMS4, Axiom 25, Kaossilator Pro

Tech Mentor

Since the mapping functions goes on, I update the prezi of my VMS4 mapping in a more readable way... Hope it suits you. I have to fix some little issues, to map the hotcues (not realy hard compared to the rest ) and to had a third JogFX setting (gater->lofi->filter 92 with some buttons presets fir the gater) and I'll release a first beta, if anybody is interested in :

http://prezi.com/k_fiz2vju_ym/vms4-controlerist/
    Setup : Dual booted Alienware M11X : Ubuntu Studio : Mixxx 1.11 + ubuntustudio/Windows 7:Traktor pro 2+Reason
    Custom Mappings for this devices : Xone K2, Xone DB2, Technics mk2, Akai Ldp8, Midifighter Classic, Korg Nanokontrol 2, American Audio VMS4, Axiom 25, Kaossilator Pro

Tech Mentor

First version released!

Tech Student

Im gonna give it a try when I get home. Been trying to get jog wheel effects mode to work for this thing....cant seem to get it right...

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by dubdevo View Post
    Been trying to get jog wheel effects mode to work for this thing....cant seem to get it right...
    Try it and then explain me what you did and how it works. I'm gonna improve this feature as much as I can. As Vms4 jogs send message in a weird way, I map them with two reset (one by holding shift and turning the jog, then waiting the midi signal to be off, and the other by turning jogfx off and pressing the presets button, wich is also a "reset button").

Tech Student

out of the ballpark! The jog wheels respond great with your settings. Its sort of a complex mapping, so I really haven't gotten the full feel for it yet, but ive been waiting for a mapping like this. The one thing I would really like to see, is instead of the tempo faders being used for loops (which is a great idea btw) is using them to control one of the effects. Ill probably have more time to play with it later, Ill get back to you tomorrow after work....sorry I have strange work hours.
    Leave it to the French! First one of my fav artists Justice, now you! The mapping god!!!! Thank you so much!!!!! I want to get use out of my VMS4, but its not the controller i thought it would be.
    Oh and your manual on how to use it is awesome!!!!!!! Everybody should do that when they map a controller.
    Ill post more tomorrow.

Tech Mentor

Wow... that's an hell of a feedback glad to see you like the mapping. I've fixed a few modifiers (one of the 14 modifers of the mapping, and the number will grow, as this is just the quarter of it).

Its sort of a complex mapping, so I really haven't gotten the full feel for it yet, but ive been waiting for a mapping like this.
    When it will be over you'll see a lot of the reason why I splited the mapping in two parts : there's so much function that I wanted man can use on different decks in the same time.
    Last edited by Just Friday; 01-18-2012 at 02:42 AM. Reason: poor grammar

Tech Mentor

New version has arrived : Red mode is reday, more intuitive workflow on jogfx, fixed modifiers.

Tech Mentor

Tech Mentor

definately have to try this out. I too wanted to make a jog fx mapping

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast