Why do i need a midi fighter with an s4? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tech Guru

If you're mostly spinning hip-hop, I personally am not sure what obvious use you could have with the midi-fighter. I spin a good amount of hip-hop myself, if I'm using my S4 I do actually use an X1 with it. Mostly for some combo fx I have chained and programed with it and setting xfader curve and fx 3+4 among some other things.....but basically the stuff that you cant do with the S4. Maybe you could do the same with the Midi-fighter?

Honestly when I'm doing hip-hop I'm more focused on cutting, drops, etc......mad respect if you can do all of that and incorporate the extra fx of the instant gratification mapping and make it all sound good.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by manchild View Post
    If you're mostly spinning hip-hop, I personally am not sure what obvious use you could have with the midi-fighter. I spin a good amount of hip-hop myself, if I'm using my S4 I do actually use an X1 with it. Mostly for some combo fx I have chained and programed with it and setting xfader curve and fx 3+4 among some other things.....but basically the stuff that you cant do with the S4. Maybe you could do the same with the Midi-fighter?

Honestly when I'm doing hip-hop I'm more focused on cutting, drops, etc......mad respect if you can do all of that and incorporate the extra fx of the instant gratification mapping and make it all sound good.
    thats kind of what im thinking... like adding quite a bit of effects into some basic drum lines or w\e when im laying acapellas over the top. the thing is i can use the effects knobs and do most of the same things but where i think the midi fighter comes in is that i might be able to use it somewhat like a MPCpad if that makes sense? get a unique sound from it hopefully..

TBH im not even exactly sure how it works? do i install it over the top of traktor (its actually its own software of section that adds itself onto traktor)? or does it take the effects that i control with my knobs on my s4 in TP2 and thats what im controlling with the buttons.. does that make sense what im asking?
    -anyone that could clear that up would really help thanks!

Tech Mentor

if there's a will, there's a way brotha.....

Quote Originally Posted by 123xyz View Post
    if there's a will, there's a way brotha.....
    This. Let your creativity guide you.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Cosmo View Post
    thats kind of what im thinking... like adding quite a bit of effects into some basic drum lines or w\e when im laying acapellas over the top. the thing is i can use the effects knobs and do most of the same things but where i think the midi fighter comes in is that i might be able to use it somewhat like a MPCpad if that makes sense? get a unique sound from it hopefully..

TBH im not even exactly sure how it works? do i install it over the top of traktor (its actually its own software of section that adds itself onto traktor)? or does it take the effects that i control with my knobs on my s4 in TP2 and thats what im controlling with the buttons.. does that make sense what im asking?
    will do but could someone help me with this thanks

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Cosmo View Post

It's just a midi controller just like the S4. It comes with a mapping and stuff but you dont have to use it. You can program the buttons to do anything you want in Traktor. Like I said above I have an X1, which comes with it's own mapping from factory, but I just programed it to do the stuff I wanted it to do.....make sense?

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by manchild View Post
    It's just a midi controller just like the S4. It comes with a mapping and stuff but you dont have to use it. You can program the buttons to do anything you want in Traktor. Like I said above I have an X1, which comes with it's own mapping from factory, but I just programed it to do the stuff I wanted it to do.....make sense?
    opps i should of mentioned i meant the instant gratification mapping

Hi, i would appreciate if someone tells me wich .tsi should go first when you have the s4 and the mf classic, and what import buttons should i use!!!!!!!!
    MBP 13' 256 SSD 8Gb RAM. Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.8 | MF Classic | NI Audio 2 | NI Audio 10 | CDJ1000MK3 (2) | Technics 1200MKII (4) | A&H Xone 92 (UK) | NI Kontrol F1 | Ipad 4 | Korg Kaoss Pad Mini | Ableton Live Suite.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12