Filthsky's Setup - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Filthsky View Post
    Think I'm going to pick up a pair of RP8's and a pair of HD2000's.

I like that I wont have to fork out for a new amp, also resulting in less cabling and less power usage.

Appreciate the input guys
    the RP8s are overkill for a flat, especially with no acoustic treatment. It would be like driving a Ferrari only in big city traffic... Go with the 6s instead, more than enough power and volume and you don't have to worry about pissing off your neighbors. As far as headphones, I can only speak for the TMA-1s and the HD-25s (I own both) and I would definitely go with the TMAs. The 25s don't have the same indestructible feeling that the TMAs have, you can replace all parts on the 25s, but I'd rather have the feeling that my headphones just aren't going to break instead of knowing that I could replace things when they break.
    MacBook Pro (2.66 i7| 8GB RAM| 500 GB 7200 RPM) | Ableton 8 Suite | Logic Pro 9 | Kontrol S4 | AIAIAI TMA-1 | Akai MPK 25 | Apogee Duet 2 | KRK RP5s

Hey man, whatever you getting for some monitors, make sure you get a sub.

I have hs50m yamaha monitors and they are plenty loud for anything I am doing, but they lack serious low end. I got a good deal on the YSS2 subwoofer from yorkville.

It is the best thing I ever bought. I can't believe how much I was missing out. I set the cross over at around.. 160 or something. YOu can't really hear it but you feel it.

I can really get into the groove mixing now. So much fun.

Sub-bass is required by law.
    DJM900||CDJ800MKII(2)||PDX 2000(2)||Yamaha HS50M(2)||Yorkville YSS2||Macbook||Traktor 2

http://soundcloud.com/ryanleomusic/

I read somewhere that if you have the cash for 6's, you might as well fork out for the 8's. Should I ignore this advice?

Also, are KRK's subs recommended? I'd rather buy the full whack as one brand or package but if they aren't rated I'll go elsewhere for one.

I wish you guys could hear how bad the current sound I have is. I don't know if the speakers were damaged during the house move recently or the Arcam amp they're feeding from is knackered but I've heard better sound from a portable ipod speaker!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123