Common VCI-100 Firmware Questions - Page 6
Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Tech Convert

I tried, I failed...any help would be very much appreciated.
    I am using the serial to usb cable from Monoprice. I installed the drivers from the disk that comes with it.

One question I have is, there is no option for COM1, only COM3. Is that how it is supposed to be?
    This is what my window says at the end.

I also set the delay to 1000.

Any help would be great, thanks

FDT API initialised: version 4, 02, 00, 008
    Clock Frequency (External) = 24.0000MHz, Clock Mode = 0, CKM = 1, and CKP = N/A
    Connecting to device 'H8/3052F' on 'COM3'
    Configuration:
    'BOOT Mode' connection - using emulated interface
    Opening port 'COM3' ...
    Loading Comms DLL
    Loaded Comms DLL
    Initiating BOOT SCI sequence
    Attempting 9600
    Received immediate response from device: 0x55
    Attempting 4800
    Attempting 2400
    Attempting 1200
    Error No 15024: Boot failed
    Last edited by regero; 11-09-2008 at 10:04 PM.

Hello everybody, well I got my vci-100 a few weeks ago, but got my firmware upgrade kit back in late September, and today I had the time to finally upgrade and put everything I got for the upgrade which included, the firmware kit, overlay and the jog wheel covers, and I also went ahead and added the pro X fade. Well everything went to plan except the firmware upgrade, I've been trying to do it over 5 hours now and nothing has happened. I dunno I think the firmware kit is bad, I have a serial cable and i thought that was bad so I went and bought another along with a serial to usb cable with a communicator light built in and it was transmitting to the vci but then I noticed, everytime I powered on the vci, the red leds came on, so I would start all over again, but unconnecting the usb to the vci and the serial cable from firmware upgrade kit, I also went into the Device manager and lowered the Data bits, and even tried adjusting the adjusting the recommended speed, nothing happened I kept on getting the

Flash Development Toolkit and flash programming components
    are provided without support

FDT API initialised: version 4, 02, 00, 008
    Clock Frequency (External) = 24.0000MHz, Clock Mode = 0, CKM = 1, and CKP = N/A
    Connecting to device 'H8/3052F' on 'COM3'
    Configuration:
    Opening port 'COM3' ...
    Loading Comms DLL
    Loaded Comms DLL
    Attempting 9600
    Attempting 4800
    Attempting 2400
    Attempting 1200

So with me failing in that I went ahead and put everything else on and tested the unit, it works fine, but the trouble I am having now is with the Firmware upgrade and I think I have a bad part, I am open to helpful tips, but so far everything you guys have suggested to do from this Thread I have tried and failed numerous times, but I am still open to more suggestions. If I don't reply today, I will tomorrow when I arrive home from work, to try again with the suggestions from you guys.
    DJ BIG Q. (HIP HOP/ OLD SKOOL)
    myspace page
    Gear: Fujitsu LifeBook N6220 (Pentium Centrino M Processor 750 1.86GHz, 3GB RAM, 1x 200GB and 1x 500GB HDDs, XP Pro), Traktor Pro 2.1, VCI-100 Black SE, M-Audio FastTrack Pro Soundcard, and Blue-Ice 5000W Amplifier.

Nevermind folks after trying over and over again on my pc, I grabbed my labtop I use for work, and since I have a docking station to it, I installed the software on it and used just my regular belkin Serial Cable, and BAM Success. I guess I have some issues going on with my PC that I need to look into. Now the fun can begin...
    DJ BIG Q. (HIP HOP/ OLD SKOOL)
    myspace page
    Gear: Fujitsu LifeBook N6220 (Pentium Centrino M Processor 750 1.86GHz, 3GB RAM, 1x 200GB and 1x 500GB HDDs, XP Pro), Traktor Pro 2.1, VCI-100 Black SE, M-Audio FastTrack Pro Soundcard, and Blue-Ice 5000W Amplifier.

please help
    i'm not able to upgrade
    I've try everything that in the forums said
    i put back my vestax but now i'm not able to use it any more
    the only thing it does a red light on right jogwheel sometimes turn on
    i 'm using a usb to serial
    i guess i'll try to get another cable or find someone who have an old computer with a serial connection

Clock Frequency (External) = 22.0000MHz, Clock Mode = 0, CKM = 1, and CKP = N/A
    Connecting to device 'H8/3052F' on 'COM4'
    Configuration:
    Opening port 'COM4' ...
    Loading Comms DLL
    Loaded Comms DLL
    Attempting 9600
    Received immediate response from device: 0xAA
    Using micro-Kernel : 'C:\Program Files\Renesas\FDT4.02\kernels\ProtB\3052\Renesas\1 _2_00\uGen3052.cde'
    Downloading and verifying micro kernel...
    Device is erasing...
    Erase Timeout value set to 21 seconds
    Erase Successful
    micro-Kernel download successful
    Sending inquiry for getting line size
    Buffer size has been set to default (128 bytes)
    Sending selection of device command
    Selection of Device - Device selected, code 0302
    Sending selection of clock mode
    Sending selection of clock mode
    Selection of Clock Mode - Clock selected, code 0
    Changing baud rate to 9600 bps
    Error No 15005: 'COM4' read time out
    Error No 16148: Unable to set baud rate value = 9600
    Error No 15016: Changing baud rate to 9600 bps

Tech Convert

I had this error:

same messages:

Attempting 4800
    Attempting 2400
    Attempting 1200

And it's really something with usb to serial converter. I noticed that I get exactly same error when i start flashing with unplugged cable (so it flashes nothing). So if the error is same with vci connected and unconnected it means that FDT isn't even able to work with that converter and nothing happens when you start flashing.

I'm really mad on DJTT now because all the way in video/forum you say that usb to serial cable is ok and works fine but as we can see it's not a 100% sure way to flash the vci. Personally i bought an a usb to serial cable (usb is working everywhere and not everybody have serial port) and was ready to flash it immediately, then i noticed that it doesnt work and i had to buy another one, this time serial to serial and it worked. I lost some money and time because you guys persuade us to buy wrong cable! Please update info on the main site.

DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

Hi Derek,

From what I can understand you are upset that your USB to serial cable did not do the job, if you had read through the forums you would see that infact most people have used some kind of usb to serial cable to flash the firmware.

If you feel that we have misled you in some way can you please provide a reference then we can see if it needs to be re worded?

also

@SPITA

you have the clock frequency set to 22 MHz.
    It should be 24 MHz

Hey dereck, I am sorry you had trouble- we are happy to refund your costs at any time if your not happy. the firmware upgrade process is not a 100% sure thing and can have different results for each person, especially when using the USB to serial cables.

We provide the kits so people can at least have the option (for very little money) of improving their vci-100 without sending it to japan. Sorry you had trouble but I would recommend trying a serial to serial cable if possible- some of the usb adapters just dont work very well.

Hello, I've the same problem like described bei many people:

These are my cables
    - serial2usb
    - serial2serial data cable
    - null-modem cable with male connector on one side
    - sat receiver update cable

COM-Ports 5 & 6

Computers:
    1. old notebook with winxp sp2 (serial2usb, serial2serial, null-modem, sat & usb power)
    2. new notebook with winxp sp3 (serial2usb, serial2serial null-modem, sat & usb power)
    3. notebook + macbook (usb power) (serial2usb, serial2serial, null-modem, sat)

Attempting 2400
    Attempting 1200

Behaviour:
    macbook + usb power: lights go on everytime and immediately
    notebook + usb power: depends on the cable for the serial connection wheter the lights turn on or not -> but everytime the same error message

PLS HELP - I don't want my money back I'll get the update running!!!

(Sorry for my english - not my mother language)

Tech Mentor

Can anyone post a successful log of the upgrade process? (to compare)

ean in yor video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0dcr...eature=channel at 2mins 44secs in, this page doesn't pop up for me to install the downloaded firmware, its the screen after the one that says boot mode, how do i get it open? i'm stumped i've everything open infront of me , don't know what to do next, i hope your on-line now!!! quick please!!

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast