"Intermediary midi mapping" software *discussion thread* (Traktor mapping is a pain) - Page 22
Page 22 of 44 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by zestoi View Post
    ah..... ok. so good news for me and possible bugs but bad news for your nanopad. have u tried taking it apart and seeing if you can mod it somehow?

guess i made the right choice going for an lpd8 instead of a nanopad, tho would have been nice to have the set of 3 nano's in the nanocase that i have.

has to be worth taking it apart and seeing if something simple might help?
    Sure thing. I might just get to that this sunday. What do you suggest? I'm not really an midi expect, but I do know how to solder.

Could it be broken? It just seems weird that it would stop working, since it's just been lying the exact nanocase that you talk about.

Quote Originally Posted by decon View Post
    Sure thing. I might just get to that this sunday. What do you suggest? I'm not really an midi expect, but I do know how to solder.

Could it be broken? It just seems weird that it would stop working, since it's just been lying the exact nanocase that you talk about.
    does seem odd if it worked ok before and has been stored in the nanocase. still possible that there's some dust or other stuff got under the pads?

i guess take it apart and check for debris etc, this link on a different forum has plenty of info and good photos

i keep half thinking about getting a nanopad for the XY pad - don't really need any more pads now - but all the reports of them going wrong has always put me off.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Default Midi mapping nightmare

Look i dont have enough money to by a DJ table controller or whatever its called because i already spent 150 buck on this axiom 25. I was wondering if there is anyway to use thiss axiom with serato itch 2.0 or Dj Intro by serato, i mean any way, using the pitch bend, mod wheel, pads(for cueing) etc. I came across your thread and i was wondering if you could recommend any midi mapping software to do this and/or some tips on how i could do it using CC's and all that. But most of all is it possible? Also, is there a way to utilize Reason 4 like you would Serato itch? in other words, can you Cue up tracks, play loops at 2x or 12x using this Axiom 25(with the pads that is)? I know its alot of questions but help on any of them would be down right kickass.

working on the twitch style slicer code atm and will be putting out an update with that either tonight or tomorrow but got side tracked thinking of how to easily use my launchpad with ableton as well as traktor.

i figured some kind of "default routing" of midi data ala bomes would be kind of neat, so came up with some new code in the core. this config snippet here connects midi ports for traktor+ableton+launchpad and sets any input from the launchpad when it's on page 3 to be sent untouched to ableton and any data from ableton to be sent to page 3 on the launchpad:

Code:
    open_midi_device("traktor", "traktor", "Traktor to MM", "MM to Traktor");
    open_midi_device("ableton", "generic", "Ableton to MM", "MM to Ableton");
    open_midi_device("launchpad", "launchpad", "Launchpad", "Launchpad", 4)

-- route any launchpad page 3 button presses to ableton

set_device_route("launchpad", "ableton")
    set_device_route_page_status("launchpad", 3, true);

-- route any input from ableton to page 3 on the launchpad

set_device_route("ableton", "launchpad", 3)
    set_device_route_status("ableton", true);
    events on page 3 can still be used in the normal midimasher way and they can either be swallowed or also sent onto the route device ala bomes.

i'm also working on "scrollable sub-devices" that basically lets an area of one controller become a viewport on another. this will let me create a massive 16 cols by 32 row grid controller (using midi notes or cc's over several midi channels) which can then be embeded within the launchpad's own 8x8 grid and scrolled around. probably not useful for recent ableton versions but i think it might make it easier for me to map to my old ableton5.

any other ideas for future versions are welcomed
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by zestoi View Post
    working on the twitch style slicer code atm and will be putting out an update with that either tonight or tomorrow but got side tracked thinking of how to easily use my launchpad with ableton as well as traktor....
    Looks like you got a little more distracted then you thought...

Any idea when the slicer is going to be ready for me?
    No rush of course

Quote Originally Posted by muffintop View Post
    Looks like you got a little more distracted then you thought...

Any idea when the slicer is going to be ready for me?
    No rush of course
    more distracted by work tbh rather than the other midimasher stuff. been a really busy work week and started earlier than i had hoped looking like i won't have any time until this weekend to finish the slicer stuff now.

i *will* do it this weekend tho - while that blog post and slicer'ish'ness are still fresh in people's minds...

Any progress Zestoi, or do we have to wait till next weekend? :eek:

Quote Originally Posted by bascurtiz View Post
    Any progress Zestoi, or do we have to wait till next weekend? :eek:
    it's all done, well slicer+hotcues+loops anyway plus some other stuff.

just tidying up the config a bit (hope i don't break it in the process ) and will then write some waffle about how to use it and upload. gf wants to watch some tv with me so will do that afterwards, should be less than 2 hours anyway.

edit: i'm pleased with the slicer... it works like on a twitch where if u hold down a pad it loops on that beat and the pads are animated too

also u can either enable the slicer where from where u are or activate it from any stored hot cue - thanks go to muffintop for that idea

ok chaps, here's some slicer-ness for you...

quick recap of other pages:

page 2 (user1): 2 normal mode midi fighters, not sure if i'll keep them there

page 3 (user2): empty

page 4 (mixer): mixer... press the "vol" button to turn level faders into vumeters

all the new good stuff is on page 1 (session)

bottom right hand corner ("arm" and "solo") are both the same shift, but one is toggled and one hold, so use which ever u need

the green button above them "trkon" is a new "slicer shift" (explained below)

the bottom 3 rows are divided into 2 areas ala twitch, each with 4 pages of controls.

page 1: hotcues

* off color is black by default
    * different colors for diff cue types, i've set a loop cue to be red and the rest yellow, edit the variable "lp_hotcue_colors" in config/launchpad.lua to change
    * as you'd expect, press any pad to store/jump and press shift and a stored hotcue to delete it
    * hold "slicer shift" and press a stored hotcue and you jump to that hotcue and also enable the slicer

page 2: slicer

* pads lo red by default
    * first slice is when u enable it
    * pads animate as the track loops round the slices
    * press any pad to jump to that slice
    * hold a pad down to loop round that slice

page 3: loops

* pads lo green by default
    * loop sizes range from 1/8 to 16
    * if u want to change edit the variable called "loop_sizes"
    * loop is active while u hold a button down by default
    * use the normal "shift"s and then press a loop button to keep it looped
    * full feedback so if u change a loopsize in traktor and have a loop active you'll see the correct pad light up (so long as the loop range is one you have on one of the 8 pads)

page 4: beatjumps

* wasn't sure what to put here but i always like using beatjumps, so the top row gives you -4, -8, -16 and -32 and + values if you first hold down a shift
    * nothing on the second row, any ideas?

win64bit: there's some issues with the novation usb driver that can cause lockups so i am using the beta version from http://beta.novationmusic.com/releas...ion_usb_audio/ mostly no issues but i have had to plugin and plug back in my lp a couple of times - better than a lockup tho - and once it's working it's fine

download

midimasher download link: http://midimasher.djism.com/, grab the latest midimasher-20111121.zip

if you've used midimasher before make sure you import the latest tsi from settings/traktor.tsi else the slicer won't work

edit: also on page 1 (session) the top grid row is transport (play, cue, sync, pitch bend + and - (with shift)), a 4 banks mode emulated midifighter below them on the left. the right hand empty 4x4 grid i will be mapping sample deck stuff to, the empty up/down/left/right buttons will eventually have some track navigation mapped to them

edit2: just reuploaded the zip - same name - with the delay's between sending out multiple messages to traktor for the slicer reduced. still seems reliable. shame we need any delay's in there really. read that "string theory" blog entry if u want to know why we need any at all...
    Last edited by zestoi; 11-21-2011 at 05:43 PM.

this latest version also include some new functions will might be useful for passing data through the controller unchanged "bomes" style:

Code:
    set_device_route(DEVNAME, OUT_DEVNAME, PAGE, true|false)
    specify routing, true to pass thru all events, false to swallow midi messages u process yourself. use 0 for page to pass thru all pages

Code:
    set_device_route_status(DEVNAME, true|false)
    activate or deactivate routing:

Code:
    set_device_route_page_status(DEVNAME, PAGE, true|false)
    activate or deactivate routing just from one page

not very tested this code but seems to do what it should