S4 - juggle mode - video+ tsi files ;) - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

I'd like to post an updated version, but I'd like to know what would be your preferred fx.

Here's the deal:

- playing with the jogwheel would only work on layer A&B, not C&D (mainly because when a deck is a sample deck, the load button doesn't react the same as when in track deck and I can't implement a system that could take that into account (actually I know how independently but that would have a too complex impact on the mapping).
    - the mapping prevents you to use the copy mode unless you mess with everything
    - only 2 FX units
    - I need a consistency for what I want to provide: the jog wheel will control in the same behaviour all group presets on one hand and the single effects on the other hand. What I mean is I can map the jogwheel to control all three fxs of a group preset or only two but that would be the same for all presets.

So I need 3 Fx as presets that would translate as 4 presets of 3 fxs for group mode and 4 advanced FX.

Group FX preset 1: FX1,FX2,FX3
    Group FX preset 2: FX4, FX5, FX6
    Group FX preset 3: FX7, FX8, FX9
    Group FX preset 4: FX10, FX11, FX12

Advanced FX preset 1: FX13
    Advanced FX preset 2: FX1
    Advanced Fx preset 3: FX14
    Advanced Fx preset 4: FX15

Apart from FX1/2/3 that have a defined place, all others can be whatever you want, duplicates, whatever.

Here's what I offer but I can change anything you want
    Group
    * Beatmasher; Delay T3, ?
    * Beatmasher, F92lfo, ?
    * Beatmasher, lofi, ?
    * Filter, muholland, ?
    The jog acting on the first two parameters, not on the 3rd fx. D/W at 100%.

Advanced:
    * Gater
    * Beatmasher
    * Delay T3
    * Delay Freeze
    the jog acting as its native behaviour on the 3rd parameter

Once I would have done that, I may add, but later, another set of 4 group presets and 4 other advanced fx in addition.

I know some have asked to get this mapping for 4 fx units as that would make sense to go alongside with a midi fighter. However that causes two issues. The IG mapping do use all fx units for one or several channels at the same time, which is not the same as having different fx units dedicated to different channels. Getting those two way of viewing things may cause disruption on both system and it's quite difficult to make them go alongside one another. There's then the issue of implementing a coherent system so you have all the time a correct led feedback, and functions you can trust, to know how to engage fx units to channels (issue coming from the way the s4 and traktor route the fx units and led feedback on the hardware). Now you could map all units on/off to one button (for each channel) but that is not that interesting if you want to use the jogS independently from one another as controls for FX(s) or each one for a different deck.

Hope that makes sense.
    Last edited by Yul; 10-26-2011 at 02:55 PM.
    Latest mix

There’s also an almost hermetic community that exists in many areas of dance music, where serious hobbyists feed off each other’s expertise but barely connect to the industry – despite many of those involved actually working in it.

Looking forward to an update The fxs that you've listed on the first post looks good.actually. Maybe include armyofme sweep?

Tech Wizard

I'm going to have a go at this tonight. It will be the first time I've messed with anything properly apart from a few settings in the cog menu. Thanks for the instructions on the original post, I think I've got my head round what I need to do. Some of it I understood some went wayyyyyy over my head. If I mess things up is it just a case of reinstalling or using the setup wizard to get the original mapping back?

Tech Wizard

holy cow i got it to work! the sensitivity was set to 300% but it worked. i re-read through the thread and found that i needed to turn it down in the controller management tab. managed to figure it out ok. at the minute i've got it set at sensitivity 50% acceleration 100% (i cant go above 100% on the acceleration)

it seems to be working ok but do those settings sound about right? i had a quick go and it was fun but hard work to get it to sound good. nowhere near as good as in yul's video (i'd say that was down to me not the software or settings though)

it's hard to explain what i mean by not as good, like if youv'e got a whoooo sound clip and i play with it, sometimes i can get it to sound good like "whhhoo whhh whhh whhh... whoooooooo" then sometimes its all wrong like "whhooo oo oooo hhh w whh whhhoooo"
    is that just down to my beatmashing skills? does anyone have any good tips when using it?

you can erase the jog wheel encoder functions that control fx settings that are duplicated (keep only one). Change the last one to 140%, 0%.

If you didn't change the fx to the correct ones yu probably have some weird stuff.

I'll post an updated version soon. As for the sweep effect I can include it but then the combo works by moving at the same time 3fxs and the d/w. If you can come with 3 other fx presets that do use the same controls (ie the d/w and the 3 fxs at the same time), no problem. But as I said I need consistency on how the jogwheel will affect functions. Is that a bit clearer?
    Latest mix

There’s also an almost hermetic community that exists in many areas of dance music, where serious hobbyists feed off each other’s expertise but barely connect to the industry – despite many of those involved actually working in it.

Tech Wizard

I deleted too many of them so I started again from scratch. I've got each side setup so there's 3 jog encoder options, I deleted the rest of them. The top one is set to 140% 0% the next one is different and just has a value of 0.25 or something I just left that one alone, then there's the one on it's own further down the list I set that to 140% 0% and everything seems to be working much better.

I'll be honest I've not really got a clue what I've done. I sort of understand bits of it but your instructions got me through it and everything works plus I've learnt a few new things along the way (well sort of). Thanks for taking the time to explain it all

Hi download the tsi's and upload to traktor but could only get one tsi to load at a time , also none of the other functions on the s4 worked only the jogwheel and effects had to go through setup wizard to get original functions back
    Cheers Neil

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Locking this thread because it's outdated and Yul has moved on to other mapping projects focusing on the current TP2 software.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456