Recommended MIDI Drum Pad? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I just got the Vestax Pad-One this week for $150 Inc tax + free shipping (amazon). So far - love it! Built like a tank, much like the PDX decks.
    Beats By Dre is like audio flu for your balls.

Tech Student

I can get the Akai LPD8 for about $100 AUD, or the Vestax Pad-One for ~$180. Is the 2nd -that- much better, and therefore justified? I'm unfamiliar with it.

For the same price as the Vestax Pad-One, I can get a an Akai MPD18. Again, I'm unsure I don't want to spend the extra if it isn't worth it, naturally.

Tech Student

korg nano pad ....or my fav korg padkontrol

If price is the issue then the Nanopad maybe worth a look. It has however been universally criticized for poor build quality and reliability. There are people on here that have never had an issue with them. My guess is that if it's for lighter use and not something you are going to rely upon in a club environment then the Nanopad might be for you.

I purchased the Vextax Pad-One as there was a deal on and it and i thought the extra few $$$ were worth it. The Akai probably fits in between the Korg and the Vestax, (leaning towards the Vestax in quality) and Akai generally don't make bad products.

As a side note, I tried the Pad-One out with an Ableton Drum Rack. When using the my internal laptop sound card I found it to be unusable due to the latency. As soon as I selected the S4 as my Soundcard the Pad-One was incredible. Lots and lots of fun.

I uploaded this earlier: http://youtu.be/ip_49N-Yz7Y
    Beats By Dre is like audio flu for your balls.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPopinjay View Post
    I also think the lpd8 is a good purchase. Shame about the teeny weeny knob caps though.
    just replaced mine yesterday actually (after thinking they were ok before )

thinner/taller and more rubbery caps - makes it much more usable imho
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Where did you get them from?

I've been thinking about sticking the knobs from my nanokontrol on it but then I'd have a poor nanokontrol with silly looking lpd8 knobs
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

Quote Originally Posted by MrPopinjay View Post
    Where did you get them from?

I've been thinking about sticking the knobs from my nanokontrol on it but then I'd have a poor nanokontrol with silly looking lpd8 knobs
    ah sure lol - don't think the lpd8 ones would look good on the nanokontrol plus the NK ones arent great anyway.

i picked up some of these: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1304915094...84.m1439.l2649

i ended up stripping off a tiny bit inside so they would fit.

i would embed the images but they're too big - can't see anyway of resizing using vbulletins bbcode.... anyone have any idea?

edit: ah ok... surrounding an IMG in a URL seems to resize it?
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl

i think i am getting sold on this vestax pad one lol i thought it looked dumb at first but now it seems pretty awesome!!
    Production: HP G62 2.6 dual core, 8gb ram | Live 8 | APC40 | MPD32 | MPK Mini | NI A2 | KRK Rokit 6 G2s | 6pack of Rolling Rock
    DJ: Kontrol X1 | TP2

Quote Originally Posted by HateDread View Post
    I can get the Akai LPD8 for about $100 AUD, or the Vestax Pad-One for ~$180. Is the 2nd -that- much better, and therefore justified? I'm unfamiliar with it.

For the same price as the Vestax Pad-One, I can get a an Akai MPD18. Again, I'm unsure I don't want to spend the extra if it isn't worth it, naturally.
    if the padone was going to be less than twice the price of an lpd8 then i'd go for the padone. 12 pads verses 8, which is important if you want it mostly for drumming... (where pots arent all that useful...)

the build of the lpd8 is pretty damn good, but from what i've seen on reports of the padone not much is built as solidly as that

the mpd18 has a nice 4x4 grid layout for drumming...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12