New Mixtrack/Mixtrack Pro mapping

Default New Mixtrack/Mixtrack Pro mapping

Thought I'd share the mapping I use with my Mixtrack Pro. I was disappointed with the default mapping and having tried some other ones I downloaded found that none of them completely suited my tastes so I rolled my own from scratch.

This is a basic 2-deck mapping for Traktor Pro 1.2.7
    Set Traktor to use 4 FX units, all set to chained mode for this mapping to work properly. Only FX units A & B are user-selectable. FX Units C & D are used for the Reverse function.

Sync buttons act as shift keys.

EQ Kill buttons and View/Tick buttons are mapped to hot cues 1, 2, 3 & 4 for each deck. Shift + hot cue button deletes the hot cue.

Pitch Bend buttons are mapped to beat jump ±8 beats.

Shift + Pitch Bend buttons beat jump ±32 beats.

If Effect button is lit:
    ⁃ Select encoder selects effect for FX1 of FX unit A (deck A) or FX Unit B (deck B).
    ⁃ Pressing Select encoder turns FX1 on or off for FX unit A (deck A) or FX Unit B (deck B).
    ⁃ Middle control is Dry/Wet for FX1 for FX unit A (deck A) or FX Unit B (deck B).
    ⁃ Right control if FX1 amount for FX unit A (deck A) or FX Unit B (deck B).

If Effect button is not lit:
    ⁃ Select encoder is seek control.
    ⁃ Pushing Select encoder jumps to the start of the track.
    ⁃ Middle control is gain.
    ⁃ Right control is key.

Loop buttons are illuminated in orange for manual mode and red for auto mode.

If scratch mode is off the whole jog wheel pitch bends.

If scratch mode is on the platter scratches and the edge of the wheel pitch bends.

The Stutter buttons switch FX unit C (deck A) or FX unit D (deck B) to Reverse Grain for 1 bar, 100% wet When held down (like a censor button). The Back button switches between tree and list select.

Pressing the Browse encoder while in tree select mode expands/collapses folders.

Hopefully I've exported it correctly. If there are any problems let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Tech Student

Question Give up Reverse to have Sync function back?

[QUOTE=Lew;340475]Thought I'd share the mapping I use with my Mixtrack Pro. I was disappointed with the default mapping and having tried some other ones I downloaded found that none of them completely suited my tastes so I rolled my own from scratch.

This is a basic 2-deck mapping for Traktor Pro 1.2.7
    Set Traktor to use 4 FX units, all set to chained mode for this mapping to work properly. Only FX units A & B are user-selectable. FX Units C & D are used for the Reverse function.

Sync buttons act as shift keys.
    ---------------------------------
    Am I allowed to ask for my own personal tweaks of your original mapping in 2011?
    I just am too green to need a "Reverse" button and would much prefer to have Sync back.
    I would do it myself if I could figure out how, but looking at the mapping I'm lost - I don't see any Reverse or Stutter entry. Anyone willing to indulge my simple request?