Syncing two traktors - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

I synced two Traktors Pro running on different computers.

I own an Allen & Heath Xone 3D and a Sony Vaio running Vista. On the second computer (also running Vista) I used its integrated sound card, until an external one will be bought.

First I tried to make my Xone 3D the master, with both Traktors synchronized to it's output midi clock. My Traktor was in sync.... but I was not able to route the midi clock to the other Traktor because of the midi interfaces I tried to use (Akai MPD 32 and Edirol PCR 300). As soon as we will receive the M-Audio ProFire 610, I will try it).

The other option was using the software called MidiOverLan CP. This software creates a virtual Midi Out port on one computer and a virtual Midi In port on the second, and transmits midi data between them over the LAN. So you need both computers to be in the same physical LAN. You can do this using a router or a crossover cable.

You then activate the virtual Midi Out port on the first computer and check the "Send midi Clock" option. Also, in the master clock panel I set the midi clock to manual and choose the value I desired (128 BPM), and press the Send Midi Clock button.

On the second computer you activate the virtual Midi In port, and in the master clock section you choose "external" mode.

All decks from both Traktors should have the sync button pressed.

If you are lucky, that is all. Unfortunately, my Xone 3D sound card is much faster than the onboard soundcard on the second computer, so tracks on different computers are delayed (because of the different latency values).

Now you have to adjust the Midi Clock Sending Offset until the tracks are perfectly in sync.

That's all!

PS: The computer with the slower sound card must be the master, because the midi clock signal can only be delayed

What version of Traktor Pro were you using ? They must have fixed the midi sync issue because it wasnt working last at all last time i tried - Traktor was just plain out refusing to sync to a master clock and it took a little while for NI to admit it didnt work heh.

Tech Wizard

I was using version 1.02

Quote Originally Posted by istrateo View Post
    I was using version 1.02
    That would probably explain it was trying on V1.0.1 - thanks for your contribution

Thanks istrateo, I have been looking for this information long time!
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

hmm odd since Traktor pro 1.0.2 was working alright with midi syncing, then i upgraded to traktor pro 1.1.1 and the sync goes mental - getting about a 2 or 3 bpm fluxuation in the sync which is just mental.

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    On T3 you can do it thought OSC - ive still gotta get my hands on another pc to test this though.
    eh...ok im lost.......now what is this OCS

Quote Originally Posted by tomii View Post
    eh...ok im lost.......now what is this OCS
    OSC = open sound control

Think of as kinda like midi on steroids

DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

Ill have to give this a try out soon!

Me and Kaon have been discussing different options of simultaneous control when we play out, have two separate systems would be tight when there is enough space etc,

I want to share this with you guys, I havent test it yet, but I have two macbooks in my house. So I guess Ill try tonight & also on sunday...wish me luck http://www.nerds.de/en/ipmidi_osx.html

ipMIDI Mac OS X ipMIDI 1.4 for Apple Mac OS X 10.4.x tiger / 10.5.x leopard (universal binary)
    ipMIDI offers up to 20 multicast MIDI over LAN ports to connect your Apple Macintoshs with Windows PC's in your local network.
    ipMIDI is a native OS X MIDI driver. You will find it in Apples's "Audio MIDI Setup". Double click the ipMIDI icon to adjust the number of ports. The new ports will show up in all of your music applications.
    Get your free copy!
    Visit our download page to get your free copy of ipMIDI.
    Please do not hesitate to contact us for any suggestions and

*** Looks like I need a crossover cable or I have to look up some DIY options. I really dont want to use a router.
    Last edited by JesC; 02-27-2009 at 07:46 PM.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast