Traktor Slicer Idea - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

I had a thought about how this could be done with either AHK/Bomes or via a firmware upgrade to the midifighter... here's the steps you'd need to do, programatically-speaking:

- Read the tempo of Traktor via midi
    - Upon a midi trigger, start an internal clock (counting in seconds) and start the 'Slicer' effect (done using Traktor mappings)
    - Upon a 2nd midi trigger, stop the clock and the 'Slicer' effect
    - Calculate how many measures/bars have elapsed based on the tempo of the tune and time in seconds that were counted
    - Send midi commands to Traktor to beatjump by the calculated number of measures/bars (these beatjumps would need to be sent one after another, in quick succession)

The upshot of this would be the ability to use the Slicer effect for as long as was needed. As soon as you've finished slicing, Traktor would automatically beatjump to the correct part of the track (determined by the amount of time that has passed). This would allow for very short or long slicing - something that almost certainly wouldn't be possible using Traktor mappings.

Here's how you can do the tempo stuff with no extras aside from your virtual MIDI port:

Just run the Beat Phase Output to your virtual MIDI cable back into Traktor, which then sets 2 modifiers (1 for beats, 1 for bars) ticking. You can then put different MIDI functions on each beat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOh7e7g69Tk
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79Mosglw14Y

Sorry about the shakycam.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Which part are you all trying to emulate? The bit that's basically the beat masher? Or the scratch/jump around part?

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Quote Originally Posted by Remote View Post
    @Sambo... solved it Stack Cue/Moves BUT put them on modifers and then have the button set to auto inc the same modifer.

I've only tested it roughly then but it might just work. Seems clean enough with the audio too.
    I had a go at doing this to 'sequence' commands but couldn't get it to work. You've had some success?
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Quote Originally Posted by BradCee View Post
    Which part are you all trying to emulate? The bit that's basically the beat masher? Or the scratch/jump around part?
    and what's it being mapped to? a fader i guess...?

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Isnt this the full solution to get the Twitch Slicer mode working with Traktor? http://www.djtechtools.com/2011/11/0...heory-for-djs/

Quote Originally Posted by bascurtiz View Post
    Isnt this the full solution to get the Twitch Slicer mode working with Traktor? http://www.djtechtools.com/2011/11/0...heory-for-djs/
    wow this is an old thread i remember reading this at the time, thinking it sounded like a cool idea but had bugger all idea how to implement it back then.

the idea from the blog item to drop a hot cue at the start combined with midimashers own slicer code should be able to emulate the twitch slicer almost exactly.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by zestoi View Post
    the idea from the blog item to drop a hot cue at the start combined with midimashers own slicer code should be able to emulate the twitch slicer almost exactly.
    Yay!

Quote Originally Posted by muffintop View Post
    Yay!
    indeed wish i had thought of the idea of dropping and jumping to a hotcue to locate the start of the slices ofc

just relying on the beatphase just hasn't been reliable enough in the current code... i'm sure that could be fixed if i made sure it quantized to the same rules that traktor uses - but no need now anyway...
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Okies Zestoi, what should i download/install to make this Slicer-mode function work in Traktor?

Atm, I'm using the M-Audio Xponent, which has plenty buttons to overrule and try out the slicer-mode on.
    But if this actually works, i'm going to buy the Twitch.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast