Ion Audio DISCOVER DJ - why do i like this?? - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by djproben View Post
    I just recommended it to a friend with a 10 yr old who wants to be a DJ; figure it's a cheap way to get started....
    Cool. That's how old the kid in the promo video looked... It actually looks perfect for that age. I was thinking it would be cool to throw some arcade buttons on it cause my kids love pushing buttons.
    novation twitch | iMac 27
    blog | twitter

Tech Guru

This was the first thing I ever bought for myself to DJ with. I quickly realized it was more a toy than a true DJing tool. Don't get me wrong it would be great for kids but it is very limited even with a custom .TSI for Traktor.

I picked it up from Target on clearance for 35$. I resold it on craigslist for 40$ so all in all I made out on it. I say look on ebay or craigslist for one and just let them goto town. If your using Traktor you can make new mappings for them that get more complicated as they progress or do what I did and let my 3 year old smack it around while I played with the newer stuff. She would give it a beating too if you've ever seen a three year old play with anything you will know. Honestly thou please don't pay MSRP for this I think it's like 100-130$ for that price you could get something so much better. If you can find one for under 50$ I say pick it up.
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2, 2X Stanton STR8-80, 2X Denon DN-S700, Akai APC40 + APC20, DDM4000, KRKRokit 8, HD25-II, iPad (Touch OSC)

In case anyone wanted this, it is half off at newegg with coupon code EMCZZZX46
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82698046-L012B
    PC | TSP2 | A8 | S4 | X1 | T1200MK2

Beat Gridding Tutorial

Tech Wizard

If you're thinking of paying anywhere near full price for this, I'd recommend going for the Numark Mixtrack instead. Loads more controls, much more professional looking and I believe the jogs are identical.

ion discover dj and stanton 3d are the shit. traktor on the other hand is giving me a lot of trouble. i think i might just go back to cross dj 1.5 way easier to program the midis and do what ever you need to.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345