New firmware Midifighter-20110204 - Page 7
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Unhappy

Yeah I imported effects settings and controller mappings into traktor and I am not sure whats wrong so I'll go through it fully fromthe beginning step by step and list the steps and hopefully somebody can find an error in my process.

1. Downloaded the MFUploader and file "midifighter-2011204.hex" from DJTT page.
    2. Connected MF in boot mode to windows vista and select drivers from folder location: %ProgramFiles%/DJTechTools/MidifighterUpdate/BootloaderDrivers
    3.Launched MFUpdater and because I have been having problems fetching the .hex file with the updater (it maxes out my cpu then freezes) so I simply hit file in the menu, then upload the "midifighter-2011204.hex" then follow the steps to flash the firmware.
    4. Fire up TPS4 and import the file: "MF_FX 4Banks 1.0.2.tsi" with the import button on the midi mappings page.
    5. Menu pops up that says Import effects, Gui, controller mappings, etc. I select only controller mapping and effects settings.
    5. I select Ins/Outs to MF for each channel (A,B,C,D) for the 4 deck mapping
    6. Reload TPS4 midi mapping in controller manager
    7. Get the midi fighter into 4 deck internal mode through the menu and the light pattern looks like this:
    . . . .
    #. . .
    . . * *
    * . . *
    (# = exit key, . = light off, and * = light on)
    8. Exit out of menu and open TPS4.
    9. Load a new track to deck A, and select deck A on midi fighter, then....
    9. Get Rejected.... LIKE A BOSS

TPS4 is still getting the midi messages because at the top little section that says CTRL is lighting up when I press buttons on the midi fighter, yet nothing happens with the effects. Am I missing something here? It doesn't feel like I am but hey I am no tech tools guru.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Are the effects loading when you press the buttons? Are the FX banks being activated when you press buttons?
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Mentor

No , neither one is happening, I tested by loading each effect slot with the same effect (filter) to see if any of them changed in conjunction to the new mapping and nothing happened.

hmm... try changing one of the mappings' in/out settings to 'all ports' and see if that has any effect.

I must admit I'm struggling to figure this one out, where's FatLimey when you need him!
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    hmm... try changing one of the mappings' in/out settings to 'all ports' and see if that has any effect.

I must admit I'm struggling to figure this one out, where's FatLimey when you need him!
    Tried it, still nothing. I really don't know whats going on but I am getting rather short tempered.

In the effect section of S4 preferences is FX unit routing set to insert and FX panel modes 1, 2 and 3 set to group and 4 set to single? And do you have 4 FX units activated? I'm pretty sure all of your answers will be yes, just trying to narrow it down.
    Chris Jennings FHP

It's a long shot, but check the order of your effects.

Chris Jennings FHP

And are you running 1.0.1 of the S4 software? Maybe try a restore to default in the S4 preferences?
    Chris Jennings FHP

Tech Mentor

Yeah I am running the 1.0.1 update, I restored it to default settings and did everything else you mentioned, still no luck.
    I REALLY appreciate all the help everyone!

Is there another version of the mapping or the firmware that I could try out?
    Maybe its not loading correctly? I dont know, everytime I do load the mapping/firmware, nothing gives me an error message it all goes through like it should, just nothing happens in the end.

In the general DJTT folder in my program files (the one where I found the drivers to run the MF) I found other .hex files, they are as follows:
    "midifighterHp4220.hex"
    "midifighterHp4928.hex"
    "midifighterHp5080.hex"
    "midifighterHp5972.hex"
    Should I try to run one of those?
    The one I am using is the new frimware update off this site linked with the Instant Gratification Mapping it's "midifighter-20110204.hex"
    Last edited by dylooooon; 03-21-2011 at 06:22 PM.

You can change the midi fighter from 4 banks mode to regular in the menu and load one of the older mappings. Which was going to be my next suggestion.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast