Loop In LED Feedback
    Tech Student

Default Loop In LED Feedback

Hi,

I am currently trying to create a custom mapping for my Denon DN-MC6000 in Traktor Pro 1.2.7.

I am still new to mapping, so sorry if this is an "easy" question. I figured that someone can help me out with this one.

What I am trying to do is provide LED Feedback on the controller. The default LED feedback from the Denon map for the Loop section is :

Press Loop In = Nothing comes on
    Press Loop Out = Loop In and Out comes on.

I have managed to make the Loop In and Out blink intead of only lightning up when the loop is active.

My issue, and main question in this thread, is about the Loop In / Set Cue out command in Traktor. I have set this control and my Loop In button now lights up, but as soon as Traktor is loaded, even with no track loaded in decks. Why would Loop In / Set Cue sends command to the LED on the start of Traktor ?

I am using the correct MIDI Range (it lights up the correct LED on the Denon), and have tried all the possible Controller Range combinations (MIN/MAX : 0/0, 0/1, 1/0, 1/1). I understand from the tutorials that I have read that "Controller range" is the Traktor part where the numbers refers to functions in Traktor, or states, but is there a list somewhere that will tell me what are defined values for each functions in Controller Range ? Traktor bible maybe ?

Thank you,

Neo.
    Last edited by spookyneo; 03-16-2011 at 08:41 AM.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Do you have something in the manual that tells you what the LED out notes are? They may not be the same as the midi command for the button, which would explain why the cue was lighting the loop LED.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Student

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    Do you have something in the manual that tells you what the LED out notes are? They may not be the same as the midi command for the button, which would explain why the cue was lighting the loop LED.
    Sorry I think my original post was misleading. I will edit it after this reply.

To answer your question, yes I do have all the notes for the LEDs and I am working with the correct LED, which is the LOOP IN LED. So I am working with the good LED / MIDI value.

I did more testing yesterday night with Traktor and the Denon and found out that the Loop In / Cue OUT command in Traktor will light up the LED on the start of Traktor. So when I fire up Traktor, even if I have no tracks loaded into the decks, my LOOP IN button will light up due to the LOOP IN / CUE command I had put in Traktor. How is it possible that it lights up when no tracks are loaded ? bug of Traktor ?