PC Laptop or Macbook..? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Hahaha haven't seen that one before.
    Apt.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Loay View Post
    [..]

But to answer your question. Yes I find Macs more reliable. No, I don't find Macs being more suited for music application than PC.
    I have had macs freeze more often on my friends macbook pros than my win XP or Vista.

Tbh, since I went XP and Vista, the only times I have seen a blue screen, was when running the awesome BSOD screen saver by systinternals.

Mac more reliable, I would say it's the same. (Ofcourse, it goes to mention that you do have to tweak windows a little bit)
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

you can always buy a used Mac and save a few bucks. And since most of them usually retain their value, if you don't like it you can resell it and only lose a little bit.

I'm a film student too so mac is naturally my preferred system. it's all a personal opinion as to which one is better. Either system, as long as it does what you want, is going to be money well spent. I've seen lots of dj's in clubs using macbooks (not pro's) and doing just fine. If you are a college student/have a friend in college who is a PC guy, you/he can get a discount at the mac store/online and save yourself a few.

whatever you pick, i hope it works out for ya.

If you buy a new apple & are a student you can get a 20% discount in the states!

I get 17% thru my job
    Last edited by JesC; 12-17-2008 at 06:30 PM.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Nice. It's a 10% saving for students here in Aust. They also often bundle free iPods and software.
    Last edited by beattz; 12-17-2008 at 06:02 PM. Reason: grammar nazi

Its 10% here in the UK aswell and I know that because I just ordered a new Macbook Pro two days ago!

Cant wait to get home and get playing with it!

Tech Wizard

i hate to dig up an older thread... but why not buy a dell (or other non-Mac) and put OSX86 on it? its running OS X on your PC.

you save some money on the computer and run the reliable, stable operating system.

just my 2 cents.

well its all gone quiet after that comment ... any takers ?

DJ Hype??
    Quote Originally Posted by dripstep View Post
    Kaon, none of that has to do with drum and bass.

Tech Wizard

Running OSX on a pc hardware is more complicated than you think. I have a friend who runs OSX on his dell, but without sound. Usually there is problems the hardware has to support the operating system. There was PC's that can run Mac perfectly, but i don't know about laptops that do. If that was possible i would do it in a heartbeat, the onyl reason i have not switched to mac is their hardware.
    On a separate note i am building a desktop pc on which i plan to run mac os x, and i am building it for less than $300!!! if you can believe it
    (it's 2.5 ghz dual core 4 gig ram ddr2 200g HD)

Genre: Progressive House, Deep House, Electro House, Disco House, Vocal Trance, Uplifting Trance, Eurobeat, Eurodance, Italo House, Chill Out, Ambient Trance

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123