10 Minute Dubstep Mix (Youtube) - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Moderator of Silly Walks Citizen_Insane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran-Craddock View Post
    Thanks for the comment Citizen!
    Well it was pretty easy dude all I did was, I took the Crissy Criss version of so vexed, cut out his vocal bit, then lay in mine. I did this in ableton but you could do it in any audio editing program. In regards to the voice , all it is is a mac preset for text to speech which I just added a few effects to etc.

Pretty simple but it's a bit of fun to have a personal edit too, makes you seem real pro. haha
    Ahh, I don't have Ableton, so I guess I'll have to try and get it to work in traktor or garageband. Any suggestions on which effects to use? I can't get it to sound right.
    Traktor Pro, VCM 600, Custom Midi Fighter, Presonus Firebox, Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    http://soundcloud.com/citizen_insane/
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    All these subgenre's are like the grandchildren of disco with dubstep and D&B being the bad kids that smoke cigarettes and are in and out of jail.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen_Insane View Post
    Ahh, I don't have Ableton, so I guess I'll have to try and get it to work in traktor or garageband. Any suggestions on which effects to use? I can't get it to sound right.
    Garageband would work perfectly!
    For effects to make that style of vocal I used eq (cut the highs and lows to give a *mr.* megaphone type sound ,sorry couldn't resist) . Then some distortion or overdrive to add the dirt and grit and make it ring with overtones. Small bit of reverb to widen the sound and make it sit well with a tail, think I might of used delay too. Then just cut the high end with a filter to take the really nasty ringy bits off!

The best thing to do is to just mess about with different effects to see what you like, but just always make sure it sits with the song, it wont sound right otherwise!

Moderator of Silly Walks Citizen_Insane's Avatar

Thanks a bunch for the advice! I'll probably do the thing tomorrow, will let you know how it goes.

I'm pretty sure i'll have to speed up the computer saying "Citizen Insane" though.
    Traktor Pro, VCM 600, Custom Midi Fighter, Presonus Firebox, Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    http://soundcloud.com/citizen_insane/
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    All these subgenre's are like the grandchildren of disco with dubstep and D&B being the bad kids that smoke cigarettes and are in and out of jail.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen_Insane View Post
    Thanks a bunch for the advice! I'll probably do the thing tomorrow, will let you know how it goes.

I'm pretty sure i'll have to speed up the computer saying "Citizen Insane" though.
    Yeah dude keep in touch!

Yeah even if you just get the rough speed then chop it up in garageband! Chopping up a vocal can add a cool effect too!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12