APC80 Controlled Demolition Edition - Page 6
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Tech Mentor

This is the kind of ingenuity and thinking outside the box that will define this generation of Djs. Djs who are not satisfied with the next best this or the latest that. Those who push the envelope in design and inevitably in their performances. Thinking like this will define this generation from the djs that came before them. Djtechtools is so important to this NEW DIY Style and Im always amazed at what i see here.

Keep Hacking Brotha and "be on point for the future shock"!

Quote Originally Posted by ctrld View Post
    turntables are the best kind of jogwheel after all
    ...........gotta respect this mans thinking!

ctrld

@virtual unknown: wow! thanks, man. I am honored.

Quote Originally Posted by djsakebomb View Post
    My APC20 just got here, now it's time to get dirty I'm so excited!!!

ah I remember you asked me some stuff via PM, sorry for not responding to that!

I might as well make it public, but be warned: if you want to make this mod, you will need to void your warranty. that means, not only will you need to completely open the units, you will also need to irreparably damage the chassis. the cost of the parts you will need to buy is relatively low, but you will need a number of screws and a solid steel plate for the bottom because screwing them together will not be stable enough.

should I make a video on this? I might actually make some time during the next two weeks. I won't open this beast up again but I guess I could walk you through the steps.

Tech Wizard

Would it not go better if you join the two at the other end from Controlleddemolition? then you would have a mega bank of buttons covering all your clips?
    MBP (Traktor/ Ableton) MBP 17" (Early 2009) 2.93Ghz Core duo, 4Gb 1077Mhz RAM, Seagate Momentus XT 7200rpm 500GB OS X 10.6.4 TSP 1.2.6 (R8491), ADJ8 (2.3.14 driver)
    Midi/ Control (either) Vestax: VCM-600 Livid: Ohm64 Akai: APC80 Korg: PadKontrol (running through FarmPad) Technics: SL1210mk II x 1 (and regret selling my other so think twice)

Tech Convert

Bit of a curiousity I have that I hope you can answer ctrld: Do the track selection buttons on the APC20 work with the APC40s device control knobs? As in, if you selected a track on the APC20's rows, do the device control knobs on the APC40 become active for that selected tracks device rack? The research I've done tells me that it doesn't but seeming you've actually done this I figure you may know for certain.

Cheers bro, hope you can answer that one

ctrld

yes, they do. it's called "combination mode" and it is active by default in every live version from 8.1.4 on*. here is a screenshot of the MIDI settings required for this to work.

note that I've disabled the "remote" option for the 20. that way I can custom map the 40's knobs and faders without the controls conflicting with those on the 20. there probably is a clever way to accomplish entirely independent custom mappings for the APCs, maybe with M4L or some MIDI routing tool... but I don't need it (I mean... the abundance of everything on this beast! plus there's note mode on the 20 which gives you another layer of triggers) and I'm far too lazy to try messing with it

*) you can also disable combination mode by adding a parameter to live's config file, but would you really want to?

Dude... I need to know how to remove the side panels.

I removed the screws but they remain there....
    "Dance Dance Dance just being a geek"

Quote Originally Posted by oscarjmg View Post
    Dude... I need to know how to remove the side panels.

I removed the screws but they remain there....

The external screws don't fully release the side panels. They're also screwed in on the inside. You need to open the whole thing up to take off the side panels.

ctrld

in related news, a video interview with my humble self is up on http://www.delamar.de includes a bit of the beatbattle showcase set. in my excuse, this was recorded at 11am and I was barely awake, but hey.

since delamar is a german site, the interview is in german, but we're currently talking about making a "how to build an apc80" video which would of course be in english, or at least properly subtitled.
    Last edited by ctrld; 11-21-2010 at 03:15 PM.

Nice video man, I'm surprised and delighted that even after a summer of drinking and a month in Spain I can still understand german
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Quote Originally Posted by ctrld View Post
    in related news, a video interview with my humble self is up on http://www.delamar.de
    You and humble, can't believe it mate!
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast