dual vci-100's, only one recognised? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tech Convert

thanks for all your help on this matter, i saw the midi config for traktor with two vci and 4 decks,so i thought it must be possible when you open up tsk file you can see that all the controlls are doubled except one is channel 1 and the other is channel 2.
    i have been able to get midi ox to see both vci's and it displays all midi inputs as channel 1. just need to convert to channel 2 now.

Cool! Great job dude!
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Monkic View Post
    thanks for all your help on this matter, i saw the midi config for traktor with two vci and 4 decks,so i thought it must be possible when you open up tsk file you can see that all the controlls are doubled except one is channel 1 and the other is channel 2.
    i have been able to get midi ox to see both vci's and it displays all midi inputs as channel 1. just need to convert to channel 2 now.
    native instruments have tks files to use traktor with two vci here is the TKS file

Tech Convert

thanks again everyone, still got to learn how to use midi ox so it translates the midi out into channel 2. Should be fun for a few days.
    :eek:

Tech Wizard

Hi Monic?

Did you get the 2 VCI-100s working? If so how did you do this?

Cheers,
    Ajay

Quote Originally Posted by Monkic View Post
    thanks again everyone, still got to learn how to use midi ox so it translates the midi out into channel 2. Should be fun for a few days.
    :eek:
    Midi-OX can indeed do that, you need to make a translator in by pressing options then datamapping.

Create the translation in there to port data from channel 1 to channel 2- then save this file.

Then go into veiw-> port routings and connect a VCI from say VCI->Midi Yoke port 1. There will be a little box in the middle of the line, right click that and there will be an option somewhere to load the translation file to that connection.

Then bam, your done Thats a pretty rough run though, but i am sure you can work it out.

Tech Convert

been working a lot so i havnt had a day off yet to put all this in to practice and ean's new vci midi mapping as got me messing on just the one at the mo.

Tech Convert

I have the answer.

when i pulled all the instructions out the box there was a sheet that was written in japanese, cos i cant read japanese i put it to one side.

today i turned it over and it english on the back.

it has lots of info for new stuff for the 1.2 firmware

to switch the unit to channel 2 midi, you boot the vci 100 while pressing top loop button shorten button ( the little black one just below X in the vestax logo).

I dont know if this will work with 1.3 firmware because this is what you do to roll back 1.3 to 1.2.

maybe if you roll back to 1.2 and then do it again it will switch to midi channel 2.

anyway this is what you do to get two 1.2 vci 100s to appear on two different channels.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12