delay when using cue points need help :) - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

how can you even see anything on traktor with a 9 inch screen!

how many times do you need to stroke the track pad to move the volume faders down all the way?!?!?

if i use the internal mixer, with the gain knobs and pitch faders showing i cant see much of the waveforms and i have a 15 inch laptop.
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

Quote Originally Posted by slpower01 View Post
    yeah its an atom and whats this cache problem??
    So, everything that your computer does pretty much takes place using the computers RAM (memory), but that RAM still has to be accessed. L1 cache is a small amount of memory located on the chip and L2 is normally slightly larger and located on another chip. The information stored there can be accessed more quickly than information in the RAM. The size of the L1 cache on the Atom's i've seen is 64 - 128 and the L2 is 256 -512 (all cache sizes are KiB). Since the Atom is a slower, single core, 2 thread processor, the cache is going to fill up more quickly with the recent data. That is why the cues you've already loaded work, but when you go to another cue the processor has to go to the RAM and that causes it to miss loading the info on the next clock cycle. Missing the clock cycle causes the delay you're seeing.

Netbooks are great, but you need a computer geared towards more than word processing and web browsing. Get a more powerful lappy (shouldn't be much more than a new netbook) and while you're at it you should pick up an actual version of Traktor and support the company whose products you seem to enjoy....
    A little bit of gold and a pager.

oh im only running 1.1.1.001 its the only version i could get for free haha

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Tech Guru

Default ...

thanks for all the help people, i actually obtained a legit copy of traktor of my cousin, didnt even know he had it, its version 1.2 and seems to be running a lot better, cue points load a lot faster and so do songs and stuff, thanks for the help and sorry about boasting about an illegal copy, just simply cant afford to purchase one myself, cheers for all the help anyways and sorry if i offended anyone or annoyed anyone

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by theory28 View Post
    how can you even see anything on traktor with a 9 inch screen!

how many times do you need to stroke the track pad to move the volume faders down all the way?!?!?

if i use the internal mixer, with the gain knobs and pitch faders showing i cant see much of the waveforms and i have a 15 inch laptop.
    im using an omni control and a 10 inch screen, suprisingly it works pretty well, you can see the two decks, mixer and effects and then a have a toggle button for song selection, if i change the screen view i can get it so i can see the first 9 songs but its really small then

Tech Mentor

Yeah, I second that. You need to put the cue point ON the beat, not in front of it.

yeah its an atom and whats this cache problem??
    Well I'd say if you're using an Atom and a cracked version of TPro then YOU have the cash problem.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Quote Originally Posted by SirReal View Post
    Well I'd say if you're using an Atom and a cracked version of TPro then YOU have the cash problem.
    bazinga

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234