The Drum & Bass Thread (formally Drum 'n' Bass is dead?) - Page 158
Page 158 of 223 FirstFirst ... 58108148154155156157158159160161162168208 ... LastLast
Results 1,571 to 1,580 of 2221
    DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

Cool - we just started a similar night at our favourite wine & tapas bar - had our first a month ago - and our second this weekend. Very good excuse to play those tunes which just dont work on the d floor

Good point. Actualy i think it's not all that bad with this sound... it's like with dubstep, if you wanna rock the dancefloor, you gotta slam the tune.. no fancy EQing and shit, just plain ol' slam it, and have MC to help you out. Then it works...

best part is usualy when audience has no idea if they are listening to dubstep or DnB , then you slam deep DnB track (like that Oak - Tsunami, or Rockwell - Underpass) to set them straight.
    DJ Blofeld - The Evil Genius
    I shall look forward personally to exterminating you, Mr. Bond.” Ernst Stavro Blofeld to 007
    Doomsday device: TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO, AUDIO 8, VCI-100black 1.3, 2x Technics SL1210mkII

I find with dnb it doesnt lend itself very well to slow long drawn out mixes where you slowly etch the volume fader up - well not with my mixing style anyway.

I get the best results with hard cuts into tracks with the volume fader already most of the way up - thats not to say you cant have a long mix between tracks, its just that i find it sounds best when you cut in the tracks hard and fast.

The upbeats just killed Hospitality! The best bit was Rodigan followed and they just started laughing.....He is like your dad djing but he is actually good lol
    Volar
    Follow on social media;
    Soundcloud
    Facebook
    Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    I find with dnb it doesnt lend itself very well to slow long drawn out mixes where you slowly etch the volume fader up - well not with my mixing style anyway.

I get the best results with hard cuts into tracks with the volume fader already most of the way up - thats not to say you cant have a long mix between tracks, its just that i find it sounds best when you cut in the tracks hard and fast.
    i agree, i cut sharp and hard when performing, but "studio" mixes i do the other way around.
    DJ Blofeld - The Evil Genius
    I shall look forward personally to exterminating you, Mr. Bond.” Ernst Stavro Blofeld to 007
    Doomsday device: TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO, AUDIO 8, VCI-100black 1.3, 2x Technics SL1210mkII

If you listen to dnb tracks, elements don't really fade in and fade out at all like with other genres of music out there - well you could probably find more chilled dnb that does this but certainly not with the intense techy stuff you guys know i like to mix

The elements kinda just jump in and jump out, so i keep to that kinda style with my mixing so it sounds consistent with the tracks i play. It makes things a bit harder cause you cant feel your way up to the right volume, you pretty much gotta get it right in your headphones to start with then slam the cross-fader quickly into the middle.

Whatever works though, we all got our own style of doing things

Fuck guys,
    I am completely blown away by the DJ set of this guy's Silvahfonk promo mix.

Which can be found here.

Tracklisting

01. KillaWatt - Dreadlock Soldier - Universal Soldier Records [forthcoming, 2010]
    02. Madcap - Artillery - Top Draw [TDD002, 2010]
    03. Sub Focus - Last Jungle - Music Response Records [CHEAPLP002, 2010]
    04. Madcap - Point Of No Return - Global Plan [GP005, 2009]
    05. Tango & Ratty - Is It Live? - Steel Fingers [SF001, 2008]
    06. Andy F & Bennie D - Gals Skin Owt - Universal Soldiers [forthcoming, 2010]
    07. Renegade - Terrorist (INSa 241's J-Tek Remix) [dubplate, 2010]
    08. Vic B & Redshift - Terror - Top Drawer [TDD002B, 2010]
    09. June Miller - Late Night Lies [dubplate, 2009]
    10. Commix - Life We Live - Soul:R [SOUL:R040CD, 2008]
    11. Gary Jules - Mad World (SKC, Munk & Falkon Remix) - Unknown [NEMBOOT001, 2009]
    12. Madcap - Spirituality [dubplate, 2009]
    13. AK1200 - Junior's Tune (Digital Remix) - Big Riddim Recordings [BGRDM004, 2009]
    14. Omni Trio - Renegade Snares (High Contrast Remix) - Moving Shadow [SHADOW166, 2003]
    15. Breakage - Break-Age - Reinforced [RIVET193, 2002]
    16. Natty Ted - You Want War? - Looney Toonz [BLT03, 2002]
    17. Gappa G & Hyper Hypa - Information Centre (BladeRunner Remix) - Stepback [STEPBACK002, 2009]
    18. Johnny Jungle - Killa Sound (Tim Reaper Dub Plate Remix) [dubplate, 2010]
    19. Bounty Killaz aka DJ Pulse & Madcap - Sure Shot - Creative Wax [forthcoming, 2010]
    20. Deekline & Ed Solo - Wadodem - Jungle Cakes [JC001, 2009]
    21. M.I.S.T - Entropy - Soul:R Records [SOUL:R043, 2010]
    >> Mutt ft Kevin King - Conversations - Deep Kut Records [CIADK021, 2009]
    >> DJ Marky & S.P.Y. - Times Moves On - Digital Soundboy [SBOY029, 2010]
    22. Infest & Tim Reaper - Dead Foxes [dubplate, 2010]
    23. Code 3 - Living Proof - Exit Records - [EXIT021, 2010]
    Audio

69:03 minutes, 192kbps Joint Stereo mp3 @ 44100
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Hey D&B-headz..... Live d&b edition of Restricted Sessions, streamed live on http://is.gd/cOBuo

dannyboy, myzt & tekki mix + visuals!!!!
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)

Tech Wizard

Tekki,

Can't get link to work?

Cheers
    Lee

Yo bro',

Stream ended 3 hours after notifying, his neighbours were a force to be reckoned with. Next week, same time we will be streaming again, but it might not be d&b.