Production competition? - Page 17
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617
    Tech Convert

My take so far.

@charo: I really liked the drums and the different synths and effects in the background. You do a great job of evoking a particular style. It reminds me of older Aphex Twin. My one complaint would be that the vocals seem to float in tempo a bit. I'm not sure if this was intentional.

@end1: This is really impressive for a first song. I wasn't expecting drum n bass. The drum sounds and the bass are all nicely done. I agree with thewetbandits that it could maybe use one or two more sounds to flesh everything out.

@thewetbandits: Really polished and nicely done. I like the way you flipped things around while still retaining significant elements of the original. My only criticism would be that the plucked string type sound didn't quite sit well in the mix to my ears. It's probably nothing some extra reverb or chorus couldn't fix.

had a chance to listen to them all thus far, wow i'm really impressed, I definitely feel like i'm missing something from my song that you guy's nailed. i'm not sure what i was going for either lol, and for the next one i'm going to try and work on that...i don't take offense in the slightest, and if you have recommendations for how i can better define what i'm going for that would be excellent, not saying you know my intentions but perhaps explain how you channel what you're going for....

dubresearch, really liked your song, nice groove & nicely constructed. if i had to say anything in terms of areas of improvement, thought maybe the vocals could stand out a little more.

end1, nice job, excellent work for your first song. thought maybe the intro could be a little shorter.

THEWETBANDITS, another great song, i like you're style, very danceable. not sure what to suggest, the vocal sounds lowpassed, it's a hard vocal to work with.

thanks again everyone for participating.

Tech Wizard

ok, sorry for being late on feedback. i do have to say that this was super fun! i was hoping some others would throw in a late submission just for kicks but oh well. i 'll just comment on those who posted up tracks. they were all pretty good. as for mine i wasn't really satisfied with it. i totally agree with you guys in that it was missing more. i also feel kinda bad cuz i didn't use more of the vocals. i tried, but failed. haha. is anyone still down to go again with a better sample or rules?

charo, i had to listen to your track quite a few times. for me it seemed unpredictable, but still repetitive to have a dark industrial type of feel. i really liked the echo/delay on the vocals. for me they were just right. and props for using all of the sample. one thing i think would help is some more swing or groove in your drums.

dubresearch, the intro is probably my fav. part. its sound like the guitare is chopped. but i'm guessing you gated it? either way it sounds good. and at :54 the synth that sounds like a flute, is very nice. i need a sound like that in my bag. the only thing i was hoping for was more bass movement being dubstep and all. but i still think its solid for what we had to work with.

twb, not much to say really, i think your song took this comp. this time. your track had a really nice sound. and considering the sample everyone had to use i think you guys utilized the sample best. the vocal effects are tops. just one sugg. maybe bring the vibe up one notch around 1:48. but like i said, great sound, i'm voting twb on this one.

hopefully we can do another.

thanks for the input, yeah swing/groove is something i need work on.

if someone else wants to decide on the sample i'm down to start rocking it.

Tech Wizard

umm. where is a good place to look for some safe to use samples? i have no clue? i guess i'll just google for a bit. maybe we all could search around and post up some ideas in a few days, then we could all vote on the sample to use. then have another go? would like to continue this exercise. i think without it i wouldn't have made a song yet. haha. i'm working up some energy for another one! i understand everyone gets busy and has their priorities. thats life. but i still think the more the merrier. so if you have some spare time it's find a new sample time!

there's is a couple places to look a few pages back in this thread.

we need some soulful chick singer or something...

anyone have ideas? someone who didnt enter the last one want to pick one out so maybe they will have incentive to enter the next one?
    We don't believe in the star system. We want the focus to be on the music. If we have to create an image, it must be an artificial image. That combination hides our physicality and also shows our view of the star system. It is not a compromise-daftpunk

did interest die down on this?
    We don't believe in the star system. We want the focus to be on the music. If we have to create an image, it must be an artificial image. That combination hides our physicality and also shows our view of the star system. It is not a compromise-daftpunk

Even though it was a great idea, I think interest is low. People like myself really want to be free in when and how they make a track, and not be -forced- to have it finished at a certain point.
    Also, sometimes your work gets interrupted by school, work or something else and submission to this competition will not work. I thought it was cool to enter two of these rounds but I think it's not the thing I want to do every week.
    Maybe I'm completely wrong and overgeneralizing and shit but that's just my two pennies worth. Sorry to say this, it was fun.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617