The Psychedelic Thread - Page 10
Page 10 of 56 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

What i find lacking in Psy is the musical aspect. I mean real music. Not something catchy like a ringtone.... Something thats shelf life is longer than three months. Its melody and structure...sure. But so much is copy paste....formula.
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Sarasin, I agree wholeheartedly in regards to music. That, in my mind, is what is lacking the most from a lot of EDM. It's all about the hook, not the actual music behind it. But that's why I've been digging into Prometheus. There is definitely something more interesting going on in there.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Yeah i definitely curb toward the more melodic side, always have. Its gotta be fat like a motherfucker, but i stilll like a bit of structure, melody etc. Of course there is a LOT of shit out there these days as more producers jump on the bandwagon, ya just gotta dig dig dig to find those gems!
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

It's very true. I think it's the case with most genres of music.

It amazes me, though, when I load in a 10 minute track, and it's literally just 32 measure sections, the same drum sounds and bass line for 8 of those minutes with a 2 minute breakdown of a cheesy synth line, and someone deemed this worthy of being put on a compilation.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Yeah you gotta watch the track selections on comps these days. A few years ago if you were a bit short on tracks then comps were the way to go, but not so much now. Thats why i stick to a few well knwn labels that i know always put out quality. Its easy with Goa as there's pretty much only two labels right now anyway, as its just creeping back, suntrip and phototropic
    The twisted stuff is always class, as is TIP World, althooough i did get the new white album and thre were a couple of "what the fuck, electro" tracks in there lol.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

I've had luck with a few labels. I'm hoping to win the Superbowl pool we got going so I can afford new Psy. That's my next big purchase
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

superbowl eh lol
    i went to a game in LA as a kid, confused the shit outa me

Hey, it confuses the shit outta me too

But I don't need to pay attention to win the $1000
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Bet those players would think twice before getting tackled by a 130 kilo Maori with no pads on

I think they'd think twice about getting into any serious altercation with someone who knows what they are doing.

Cause then they'd lose their multi-million dollar contracts and their fame and their sponsorships and all that stuff that makes them worth something.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Page 10 of 56 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast