Traktor Scratch Poor (a.k.a. Ghetto Timecode Control) - Page 20
Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Just for kicks on a early Monday morning I dusted off and unboxed my Final Scratch 2. Plugged in the good old Scratch AMP into the firewire port, and loaded up Traktor scratch Pro. Selected the Scratch AMP in the audio setup, it manually set all the inputs and outputs. Changed the sample rate to 48khz, and the latency down to 1.0ms. Dropped the needle on the record, and I can confirm that it works.

I didn't do a whole lot of testing, I'll play around more when I have sometime.
    MacBook Pro
    Technics SL-1200mk2's | Ortofon OM S-120's | Pioneer DJM-909 | Cerwin Vegas
    FS1 & 2 | TS-TSP2 - Audio 8 DJ | Maschine | SCS.1 (.1d &.1m)
    VCI-100 EAN GOLDEN SE (1 of 100)

Let's Mix youtube SoundCloud

Quote Originally Posted by DvlsAdvct View Post
    But 4 channel mixers usually don't have 4 outs, unless you're using a mixing board, and that is a completely different beast, and usually doesn't have Phono Ins.
    correct, you need seperate outs for that to work.

the inputs on the presonus can be linked together in stereo in the presonus mixer software.

the problem with trying to split them for DVS use is that DVS systems use stereo timecode, it won't work with a mono timecode setup.

depending on the program, some dvs software can do software pre-amping so you can use your phono input into a line input, but it doesn't work as good.

Tech Mentor

I have been using my Alesis IO 26 instead of my Audio since I found this thread. When I first installed the new Traktor 1.2 update, it seemed as if it didn't work. Today it did! Thats good, however it still seems a bit buggy. Upon startup, sometimes the timecode reads and sometimes it does not. Somtimes i get a weak Timecode signal and sometimes a strong one, wether it's the Audio 8 or the Alesis IO 26.

Anyhow I like going without the Audio 8, it's one less USB cable and/or device to use.

Currently I run Ableton, Guitar Rig and Traktor all at once, with an APC40, a Korg Nano kontrol, a Turntable, and RigKontrol. Plus the Alesis IO 26.

Everything seems to work as anticipated. I'm not sure why Trktor always seems so fickle though. Even using just the Audio 8 and Traktor alone, Traktor seems to have issues for me. I dont always get a signal, and usualy restart Traktor once before a successful run.

Tech Mentor

Just tried a friends M-audio conectiv. Works great
    Macbook 2Ghz, 4Gb Ram, Presonus Firebox, X-Session Pro, Behringer BCR2000, Technics RPDJ-1200's.

Tech Wizard

Hey has anyone tried using a maya 44 usb with traktor scratch pro and then using timecode control CDs with 2 CDJS along side the VCI-100 SE? If so, does it work well? I'm thinking of trying out this combo when I get the time to do so at a club with some CDJs
    http://soundcloud.com/djkj
    Macbook Pro - Traktor Pro - Vestax VCI100 SE - Maya 44 USB

Quote Originally Posted by kevzzz View Post
    Hey has anyone tried using a maya 44 usb with traktor scratch pro and then using timecode control CDs with 2 CDJS along side the VCI-100 SE? If so, does it work well? I'm thinking of trying out this combo when I get the time to do so at a club with some CDJs
    If you have the inputs to run both cds you will have no probs at all. I think the only probs you come accross is when your trying to use time code vinyls as the signal has to be pre-amped.

Gav
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Another problem you may encounter is that the Aggregated Loop Hole has been patched out in recent versions of Traktor.

You have me to thank for that as well. Your welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    Another problem you may encounter is that the Aggregated Loop Hole has been patched out in recent versions of Traktor.

You have me to thank for that as well. Your welcome
    lmao. party pooper. LOL

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Yep.

Ok, heres the skinny. These hamfisted excuses i hear about people who have legit TSP setups (inc audio8) may find the loophole helpful is rubbish. Once you have used the Audio 8 there is no way you will settle for using a fricking Maya. No way.

All that may be true but we all know that this is a way to, not only bypass the Audio 8/4 but also making is to tempting to use a torrent version of Traktor.

Now aside from the whole stealing Traktor thing there is also the point that the torrent versions are badly cracked/hacked. NI had tested these torrent downloads and found them to be very dodgy.

So add "very dodgy software" to a ghetto souncard solution with cheap soundcards and you end up with people with incredibly dodgy DJ setups that are prone to fail and crash.

Then these people come on the NI forum (and this one) complaining that Traktor is shit and that it crashes on them.

Im tired of these people pissing on the product and frankly so are the members of the forum that have paid good money for their DVS.

Theres also the "i want to demo scratch before buying" excuse. Well i dont buy that. You want to be a digital dj. Cool try the Demo. You think you might want to use vinyl/CD timecode, great. Creating a ghetto timecode setup form a torrent and cheap soundcard wont help you with getting experience of decks. You still have to have some experience of decks which you have to either buy or borrow. You can get the experience with 2 pieces of regular vinyl. No need for DVS. You buy DVS after you try decks.

I kept quiet during most of this thread because of my obvious conflict of interest but, i made it my personal goal to get this loophole closed. And i did.

If this makes me unpopular, fine. Ill only be unpopular with people i dont want to be friends with anyway.:eek:

no no, you see the audio8 makes a lovely flower holder in my prius, no wait i mean i've taken to wearing the audio8 on a chain under my clothes it gives me confidence in board meetings....

that's why i need to use my bcd2000 4in/4out soundcard with my totally legit copy of TSP

this loop was a god send

you are the devil

/lol at those hamfisters

*for the record don't use or endorse cracked software.