AH xone DX vs mixer+x1+soundcard

Default AH xone DX vs mixer+x1+soundcard

hi

i am thinking getting ah xone dx for 1100 or
    mixer (korg zero4, ah xone 32,..) +x1+audio8dj=1300-1400

+i am begginer well, not really but i am using sync

what do you suggest?

I use an Audio 8 and Xone:92. Trying to add an X1 into the mix but having issues with it...waiting for a replacement/refund.
    BTW I know someone who is close to me selling an Audio8 and Xone:92 for cheap, probably in the Buy/Sell forum think he was selling @~1280 for the combo hehe

Don't know very much about the DX. I used a 4D for a little while and found it too bulky. Not a big fan of all-in-ones. I'd go with an interface and mixer separately. Just feel you have better flexibility and won't need to lug a mixer/controller combo around if you ever play clubs.
    Last edited by space monkey; 09-18-2010 at 05:46 AM.

your friend is selling for 1280$ or € i come from europe...yea all in one is better for mobile djs...i would go for soundcard+mixer+contoler but i dont know...xone dx is a very good build

and i am selling 2x denon dns 1200 and dnx 120 mixer 3 months old in use 3 hours..

im also a xone 92 user and it has become a standard that would be very hard to move away from. But knowing the A&H quality... I think/believe the xone dx would be an amazing pure laptop only controller for djing. The downside to the xone dx is that it cannot mix other sources without the laptop being on. Thats the only reason I havnt gotten one...
    Im going to wait and see what the new A&H xone dogs bollocks 4 turns out to be.
    That deal above sounds pretty good for 1280$

yes i also cant wait...or i am going to buy x1 and korg zero4. you can have the mixer until dies on the other hand all in one controlers are knew in every year. i think s4 is only for bedroom...plastic and in half year they will probably release new one..

sory cuz my english is bad

I thought the DX had line in :/
    Actually i'm the one selling the 92 audio 8 combo Just being cheeky...and that is in US$

Tech Guru

i used to have a Xone 42 and two X1's with an Audio 8. Nothing beats the sound quality of a good mixer, I loved my 42....but I could not stand being without jog wheels. I have a few posts about this. I was in love with the DX at first but the no touch sensitive jogs discouraged me from getting it. I really think NI hit a homerun with the S4 which by the looks of it as a very similar build quality to the X1. I would wait a few months and get that over the other choices.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

i was also thinking getting xone 42 but now price is higher...i dont need touch sensitive jogwhels