Another APC40 Mapping thread (advanced user mapping questions)

Default Another APC40 Mapping thread (advanced user mapping questions)

Hey people out there in the interwebs I have a question.

I need to map my APC40's Clip section to have 2 pages (or more). I'm not a noob to MIDI mapping so any advanced user can skip giving me the basic rundown on mapping if you are able to help.

I am using the APC40 in visuals programs (resolume, Mixemergency, Grand VJ) currently so using a MAX4Live device is off the table.

What I want is to be able to double click the shift button or hold the shift button and have then select another button that will Change the the APC 40s clip section send to send out a new list of commands. Maybe the same commands just on a different MIDI channel as I can map those separately.

I think I can do this with Bome Midi translator but I'm not sure. Also that program cost $80 and thats a little too much just to be able to do this one silly thing. Is there any other software or patches i can run that will do this?

Any help is appreciated.

Could you not just use a modifier to complete this (If I am understanding you correctly(? Setting up a modifier to directly change the state with the press of a button could be used to create another page of mapping for the clip grid. Simply have all the buttons' condition states be "Mod>0" and then the next page mapping buttons' condition states be "Mod>1".
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6
    2x Denon S3700
    2x Technics SL-1200 MKII
    Denon X1600 Professional Mixer
    Windows 7 64 Bit, Intel i7 Processor, 6 GB RAM

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Not all of the software support modifiers. I think that's why OP was suggesting to use translator.

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    Not all of the software support modifiers. I think that's why OP was suggesting to use translator.
    Durr. I am such a fool. Hm..
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6
    2x Denon S3700
    2x Technics SL-1200 MKII
    Denon X1600 Professional Mixer
    Windows 7 64 Bit, Intel i7 Processor, 6 GB RAM

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

You could try starting the APC in APC mode (open Ableton first and then close it) - then the shift button "should" give you another page to play with (i think) and the top row of pots based on send selection.

Quote Originally Posted by deevey View Post
    You could try starting the APC in APC mode (open Ableton first and then close it) - then the shift button "should" give you another page to play with (i think) and the top row of pots based on send selection.
    Now thats am Idea I'm going to try that.

really appreciate all the help for the other guys too.

Anybody else have any ideas that might work?