S4 - just one simple mapping swap. How?

Question S4 - just one simple mapping swap. How?

I just want to do one simple thing - swap the CUE MIX from the front dial with the DRY/WET knob in the Loop recorder, which I never use.

I've tried numerous things in the controller editor/controller setup windows, but I don't know WTF I'm doing it seems. Does anyone mind guiding me through the steps to make this happen?

Tech Convert

go to controller manager, then into the s4 mapping. Look through the mapping list and find the command for cue mix. click on this and then click the learn button. with the learn button on turn the knob that you want the function to work with. Since you said you never use the dry and wet for the loop recorder, locate it in the mapping list then click on it and then click delete. done!

Tech Convert

forgot to tell you to turn off the learn button after turning the knob you want to use

I'm not quite sure, but isn't the Cue Mix a hardware feature of the built-in soundcard rather than a mapable software feature?
    At least the knob for headphone volume next to the cue mix knob definitely is!
    The NI trio - Traktor Kontrol S4 - Maschine - Komplete - and some more gear...

Tech Mentor

Cue monitor activation isnt an hardware feature so this should work.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Add in > Mixer > Monitor Volume Adjust / fader/knob / direct

Quote Originally Posted by colin237 View Post
    go to controller manager, then into the s4 mapping. Look through the mapping list and find the command for cue mix. click on this and then click the learn button. with the learn button on turn the knob that you want the function to work with. Since you said you never use the dry and wet for the loop recorder, locate it in the mapping list then click on it and then click delete. done!
    Ballin' - this worked like a charm. THANKS! I didn't think the CUE volume was mappable, but it's also in the list. I wonder if I can use SHIFT + WET/DRY for cur volume. I'll have to experiment.

Anyway, thanks for helping me on this. I need to get a better handle on mappings...

Tech Mentor

Hey

I don't know about S4 but on the S2 the Left Shift is Modifier1.

So you must just assign Cue Monitor to Dry/Wet Knob and add Modifier1=1 to the modifier section.
    Last edited by lapinfuu; 02-19-2013 at 03:23 AM.