Request a new mapping service to be added to DJtechtools store.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Request a new mapping service to be added to DJtechtools store.

first i would like to say, this forum is the best on the web! It has always been the best on the web and will always be the best. The community here is amazing and the amount of knowledge one can receive here is untouched. Ive been off and on this forum for a couple of years now, and anytime i have a question or an issue; the problem is solved right here. I want to thank all of you for your kindness, respect and hospitality.

That being said, I would like to ask all of you to help getting some kind of service where we could pay for custom mappings.

My idea, if you have a controller and have all these ideas about how you want it mapped, you could make a template and pay to have it mapped. Depending on the extensiveness of the mapping would depend on the price.

I know of many mappers that have the ability to provide this service. However, to have a regulated service, belonging to a trusted source; would be ideal.

How many people would like to see this here on DJTT? Does anybody else have ideas they could add?

For any of this to even be considered, there would have to be a need. Am I the only one who is wishing this?

Cant wait to hear thoughts or at least see a couple hundred +1's

thanks guys

tomii
    Last edited by tomii; 03-21-2015 at 04:48 PM.
    "Music is the purest form of art... therefore true poets, they who are seers, seek to express the universe in terms of music... " "Music is your own experience, your own thoughts, your wisdom. If you don't live it, it won't come out of your horn. They teach you there's a boundary line to music. But, man, there's no boundary line to art." Quotes of wisdom...

As a traktor mad mapping fan. Yes. That's a good idea.
    Denon DJ/MC6000KMK2/Launchpad S/LaunchcontrolXL/Traktor Pro 2/Bringin it since 96.

id pay for solid or custom maps

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Good idea but I think you won't get many replies in Forum.
    This needs post in the Blog article.

Tech Mentor

DJTT was thinking about selling mappings here, I remember. But the majority wanted to get the mappings for free. Me as well.
    I believe itīs better to provide free mappings and to help people mapping their own controllers. i love the idea of open source.
    Even if somebody is mapping exactly my ideas, I prefer mapping it on my own. Just in case I want to change some commands, improve my workflow, etc.
    Just my opinion.

MacBookPro 11,1 | i5 2,4GHz | 16 GB RAM | 256 GB SSD
    MacOSX 10.15.x | TraktorPro 3.x | VCI-100 SE FW 1.4 | VCI-400 SE (EGE)

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

You could pay someone in here to get it done for you but an official DJTT Mapping service is pretty much against what we stand for currently.

What I think, that folks like to have their controllers doing over and above the basic commands that the manufacturers provide, squeezing more functionality out of it, so a 'one size fits all' won't work.
    So, it's really going to be down to each user, and what they need their controller to do, and on their chosen software.
    Denon DJ/MC6000KMK2/Launchpad S/LaunchcontrolXL/Traktor Pro 2/Bringin it since 96.

Quote Originally Posted by tomii View Post
    first i would like to say, this forum is the best on the web! It has always been the best on the web and will always be the best. The community here is amazing and the amount of knowledge one can receive here is untouched. Ive been off and on this forum for a couple of years now, and anytime i have a question or an issue; the problem is solved right here. I want to thank all of you for your kindness, respect and hospitality.

That being said, I would like to ask all of you to help getting some kind of service where we could pay for custom mappings.

My idea, if you have a controller and have all these ideas about how you want it mapped, you could make a template and pay to have it mapped. Depending on the extensiveness of the mapping would depend on the price.

I know of many mappers that have the ability to provide this service. However, to have a regulated service, belonging to a trusted source; would be ideal.

How many people would like to see this here on DJTT? Does anybody else have ideas they could add?

For any of this to even be considered, there would have to be a need. Am I the only one who is wishing this?

Cant wait to hear thoughts or at least see a couple hundred +1's

thanks guys

tomii
    I still think this is a great idea! I just got a Kontrol S2 and did not reallize how much of a pain it is to map it to Deckadance... I would be tempted to pay for a legit (generic even) mapping I could use with the old DD1.94 and my S2.

Surprised more people are not interested in this. There could be 2 tiers in the DJTT store: 1 for cheaper generic mappings and 1 for more expensive custom mappings.

Guess if DJTT goes not want to do it someone could make a few bucks in the buy and sell section?

very interested! there does not seems to be anyone willing to do the mapping though.

I'll map what gear I have to Traktor/serato/Vdj (when I can be arsed to learn mapping on vdj)
    I've mapped Denon mc6Kmk2, novation launchpad S, and Launchcontrol XL. Also Akai Lpd8, and alesis Q49 to traktor with good success

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast