novation launchpad and IG
    Tech Mentor

Default novation launchpad and IG

can we use launchpad with instant graphication mappings? I want to get a launchpad for ableton and if I can for IG purposes?

Quote Originally Posted by DJMM View Post
    can we use launchpad with instant graphication mappings? I want to get a launchpad for ableton and if I can for IG purposes?
    not natively - since the instant grat mapping uses 4 different banks of notes. but you can use my midimasher app that sits between the launchpad (or any midicontroller) and i have released a mapping that emulates the midifighter 4banks mode already.

alternatively u can do what some other peoples mappings do which is to use 12 pads for deck 'a' and 12 for deck 'b' fixed to those 2 banks from a midifighter. it's a waste of pads since you probably wouldn't ever need to manipulate decks a+b at the same time when using the instant grat mapping - but it does mean u can connect the LP direct to traktor if u don't want to mess about with virtual midi ports (which my midimasher needs)

my midimasher also allows u to define virtual faders 'ableton/midikatapult style' and also multiple pages/banks - so u have a heck of a lot to play with/map to traktor...
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Tech Mentor

sounds like I better just get a midi fighter hahaha

sounds like I better just get a midi fighter hahaha
    if u want the simplest way of just plugging in a midi controller to run the IG mapping then ofc

i just bought a midifighter but doubt i'll use it with that mapping anyway. it's a fun mapping to use tho...

best reason to own a midifighter is being able to write your own firmware for it
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl

Tech Mentor

I just bought Kontrol X1 from DJ tech tools couple days ago, for FX and other controls as my mixtrack lacks on those parts for a bit, I guess a midi figther would complete what I need.

I just bought Kontrol X1 from DJ tech tools couple days ago, for FX and other controls as my mixtrack lacks on those parts for a bit, I guess a midi figther would complete what I need.
    the X1 is ideal for effects control - unless u do want an instant grat style.

people seem to like the midifighters for cue points etc but i like the launchpad for that and u have just sooooo many buttons to map, plus the multi color led feedback is cool.

so depends on what else u want to control and how many buttons you reckon you need to map them all.

Tech Mentor

Thanks man, It got really helpful. I really like the layout of the launchpad but midi-figther also comes with a nice firmware and lots of fun. Gonna check it out how good I'll do with X1, I just checked my friends X1 today and even the hot cue mode of it was nice, and buttons were responsive enough.

Thanks man, It got really helpful. I really like the layout of the launchpad but midi-figther also comes with a nice firmware and lots of fun. Gonna check it out how good I'll do with X1, I just checked my friends X1 today and even the hot cue mode of it was nice, and buttons were responsive enough.
    cool, np. good choice the X1... i've been tempted by the current offer but i already paid for tp2 a few months ago so might wait and see how second hand prices end up once the new X2 (?) comes out...

plus i want a 2nd launchpad and a 2nd lpd8... and so the list goes on at least i'm only buying cheap controllers. well so far anyway