HELP! Bricked MF Twister after failed firmware update -- ANY IDEAS?

Default HELP! Bricked MF Twister after failed firmware update -- ANY IDEAS?

Hi. I was attempting to make some changes to my MF Twister. Fresh download of MF Utility software wasn't working as expected, so I tried resetting the device to factory settings and updating the firmware using the Midi_Fighter_Twister release hex here.

I received an error message during the update, then the Utility program froze up. After force-quitting the utility program and rebooting laptop, my Twister has gone dark and is NOT recognized as a USB device by my laptop. It is, however, sending a recurring MIDI sysex message, which I can see in MIDI Monitor and the MF Utility log.

15:29:49.160 From IAC Driver Bus 1 SysEx Universal Non-Real Time 6 bytes F0 7E 7F 06 01 F7

Any ideas? I'm pretty sad and frustrated by this. If it helps or matters, I'm on a 2014 Intel MacBook running Big Sur (11.7.10). I would be comfortable trying out terminal / command line stuff if it might help.

THANK YOU!

Additional notes: I’ve tried to force the device into bootloader mode by holding down the corner knobs while plugging the MF Twister into a laptop USB port. Stays dark. Same sysex loop. I also found some old docs online about older MF devices that had manual hard-reset options, but I don’t have an obvious way to disassemble the unit. It looks to be an MF-0007 from the sticker on the bottom.