NS6 Sexy but the price=Ouchy
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Default NS6 Sexy but the price=Ouchy

So it's a nice piece of kit and all but pretty feckin expensive when compared to lets say the Denon mc6000 which essentially has the same features (and build quality) ...

Is it worth the extra dough considering its got Itch ?

Read the review on Scratchworx, it seems like an absolute beast. If I had an NS6 I think I'd be quite happy to use it to smash my way through a Skrillex mosh pit before laying down a set.

I heard the US military are thinking of fitting them to marines' body armour to add direct hit cruise missile protection.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

I heard the US military are thinking of fitting them to marines' body armour

Well I guess its cheaper than giving em all Toughbooks :P

Whats a Skrillex* :P

*Doesn't exist in my world

a Skrillex is noisy, generally violent dubstep and electro with girly hair and silly glasses.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

dubstep
    Ah yes .. .thats the word that I was missing

Runs off to hit erase again

Tech Wizard

For me yes, it is definitely worth the extra money. I'm looking for a controller/software combo that will suit my bare bones style of mixing. Haven't been in the game too long and I don't want to get swept away into anything too crazy before I master the fundamentals. True, the MC6000 does pretty much offer the same features, except for maybe the split cue and strip search, but it is a bit too cramped for me. The configuration of the NS6 is perfectly balanced and spread out. With the MC6000, I can picture myself hitting the wrong button or cue point in the middle of an intense session. Especially after a few drinks. I'm hoping that Itch has some things in the works...
    S4 | TP2 | MBP | DN HP500 | LPD8/LPK25

Tech Guru

the quality of the NS6 is much better than the Denon

also guitar center has 100.00 off right now.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by haze324 View Post
    the quality of the NS6 is much better than the Denon
    Care to support your opinion? At all? The mc6000 chassis is built entirely out of steel, the jogwheels are subtle in design and flawless in performance, and the unit in general packed with features and has no weaknesses or shortfalls. Denon releases new firmware every month or two, improving the quality even further each time.

I have no doubt that the NS6 is excellent as well. In fact, I can't find even the smallest difference between them in terms of build quality, aesthetics and performance. And since purchasing Traktor is a $200 necessity for the MC6000 compared to the NS6's included and fully featured Itch, both setups come out to $1000 (just like the S4, imagine that). The only real factors are software preference and form factor. Strip search would be pretty fuckin useful, but Traktor supports neither it nor any of the unique features of the NS6. If I wanted to go Itch, I'd get one, but I still love Traktor too much atm. Also, I think it'd be fun to have a big ass controller when mixing, but not so much fun when trying to fit it into a backpack or booth.

And why does everyone think that the mc6000 doesn't have split cue? It's right fucking there, bottom left corner. It's the big button right above the cue volume knob that says "SPLIT CUE" below it. Denon really needs to fire their marketing department, because every great new feature they invent (such as the matrix input which is now on the NS6) goes unnoticed until Pioneer copies it, and every awesome piece of kit they produce is universally ignored. The Denon MC6000 could've had solid gold motorized jogs and an industry first "blowjob port" and still wouldn't have made a dent. That's what happens when there's no videos, no ads, no hype, and no proof that it actually exists in the real world even a month away from its release date. They didn't even it let any gear bloggers demo it. Fail.
    Last edited by qyzyx; 06-16-2011 at 11:00 PM.

Tech Guru

Denon really needs to fire their marketing department, because every great new feature they invent (such as the matrix input which is now on the NS6) goes unnoticed until Pioneer copies it, and every awesome piece of kit they produce is universally ignored.
    This is funny only because it's true. Denon really makes outstanding products, but never really enjoy any fanfare.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by nem0nic View Post
    This is funny only because it's true. Denon really makes outstanding products, but never really enjoy any fanfare.
    They're like the Nader of DJ industry. There's a topic halfway down the page titled "DDJ-T1 vs S4 vs NS6". Nuff said.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast