Anyone great at LED mappings?
    Tech Guru

Default Anyone great at LED mappings?

I have been trying to map the LEDs of my DDM4000 with limited success.

What I am trying to do is show the PFL state on a row of LEDs on the DDM4000. I can get them each to light up but only if there is only one command and not 4, I am not sure why this is. This is the basic of the IN mapping

Modifier to cycle up/down
    One button press moves Mod to #1 Turning Deck A PFL to On
    Second button press moves Mod to #2 Turning Deck B PFL to On and Deck A PFL to Off. So on and so forth thru Deck D
    There is another button placed directly next to this button that performs the same cycle but in reverse.

Above these two buttons is 5 small round LEDs. I am trying to have the LEDs cycle much like PFL command. I can get them to turn on one by one but I cannot get them to turn on one by one and also turn off the previous one if there is one.

I thought I had it fixed when I decided to link the OUT command to the Modifier State rather than the PFL state as that would perform the same function, but was met with limited success. Under this structure I would map an OUT to Modifier and set the control range to 1:1 or 2:2 3:3...
    Doing this with single commands would turn on the correct LED when I would cycle thru the commands, but as soon as I placed 2 OUT commands things would get wacky. Once I placed the first and second OUT command whenever it would hit Modifier state 1 I would get nothing but once it hit Modifier state 2 the second LED would light up, Modifier state 3 the 2nd LED would not be lit but nothing happened with the 3rd LED.

Is this some kind of bug with TP2? Has anyone ever encountered something like this before? Any help would be appreciated.
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2, 2X Stanton STR8-80, 2X Denon DN-S700, Akai APC40 + APC20, DDM4000, KRKRokit 8, HD25-II, iPad (Touch OSC)

are you setting the ranges correctly on outputs?

divide the 127 messages on each led by 5, then set the ranges on each led in those groups, theorectically it should only light if within that range...

edit; also shouldn't need to map modifier outs, should be assignable to specific decks, with the mod controlling the output

example
    0 > 24 on led range
    deck a if mod 1 = 1
    Last edited by BradCee; 04-30-2011 at 02:49 AM.

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Tech Guru

No good. I was trying till 2 am last night to get it to work. I'll try again today once I get some homework done maybe a good night sleep will help me figure it out.
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2, 2X Stanton STR8-80, 2X Denon DN-S700, Akai APC40 + APC20, DDM4000, KRKRokit 8, HD25-II, iPad (Touch OSC)

Tech Mentor

Have you tried adding the controller range and modifier conditions under which you want the LED lit to each output line and adding another line for the Send Monitor State function to your PFL change/activation buttons to force the LEDs to update.

Tech Guru

I did. I may be doing it wrong as I just found out about send monitor state so I'm gonna give it another go to try and get it working.