X-Session Pro VS Hercules RMX/Steel

Default X-Session Pro VS Hercules RMX/Steel

hi guys,

who have or had an x-session pro & a hercules steel/Rmx ?
    i'm looking for a good cheap controller, my choices go to the x-session pro or the steel...(no need of internal soundcard)...

i know the steel has more controls & is in metal but it's not my essential desire...quality of the knobs is more important to my eyes, are they solid ?

Someone could tell me, which is the best (quality of the knobs, faders, buttons...) ?
    Music, music, music....

anyone ?
    Music, music, music....

Tech Guru

Default i will reply

The x session pro is alot cheaper than the steel. However has got hardly any buttons. The steel is more expensive but alot more buttons. both are around the same quality. If you just want one controller its got to be the steel. Or you could go the route of x session pro and a midi fighter or simular pad controller I personally have a akai mpd24 i picked mine up second hand for about £60 in the UK. Id personally go with two controllers give you more flexibilty. My herc rmx had a couple of broken faders after about a year and a half however I did hammer it every night. Personally I would go for the 2 controller option

Well, personally I don't like herc's buttons. Too hard. But its a very nice piece of controller.
    I am using it for about a year now, nothing bad happened.

Steel here too. No problems yet, and with the use of modifiers, because of all the buttons, you can essentially turn it into a 4 deck controller like I did.
    CDJ400s, Ecler Nuo, XD 53
    KRK RP8sFG

thanks for the answer Tom

I plan to buy an x1 in the future for fx and loop controls ...

but for now, i must chose between the x-session & the steel mainly to control the traktor mixer (i focus on the quality so if the steel is more expensive but has sturdy knobs, i will go with it)...

Could you tell me if the knobs on the rmx are sturdy than those of the x-session ?

do they have a better feel ?
    Music, music, music....

ha ha thanks for the replies too guys ! just saw them after my reply
    Music, music, music....

Well, can't actually tell the difference because I never saw or worked with x-session.
    But as for rmx, my is being used by 3 dj's, it means non-stop work. Knobs as good as they were first day, only faders are a bit loosened but that totally normal for faders of any device.
    I would always go for the rmx.

Tech Mentor

I had a RMX and the knobs are good but as others have said the buttons aren't very tactical, they are a little on the hard side to push. But none the less I would still recommend it

Quote Originally Posted by Bkag View Post
    I had a RMX and the knobs are good but as others have said the buttons aren't very tactical, they are a little on the hard side to push. But none the less I would still recommend it
    I agree the buttons are really hard and you have to press them down quite far. The overall build quality is great though..much better than my behringer mixer!
    2 x Technics 1200 mk5
    Behringer DJX 700
    Traktor Scratch Pro and Audio 8 DJ
    Novation Dicers
    http://soundcloud.com/anok-1