Audio 8 Dj + Fl Studio

Default Audio 8 Dj + Fl Studio

Hi there,
    I've been lurkying in these forums for months now so I've finaly decided to post something.

Last night I downloaded the Fl Studio demo assuming that it would be fine to use with my 8 audio 8. My laptop has 4gb ram and an intel centrino processor and can run 4 decks in Traktor pro without a fuss.

However I havent been able to succesfuly set the latency yet and the sound that it's producing is horrible and glitchy. Does anyone have an latency setting recomendations that may help me out?
    I'm running the sound through the asio2 driver to the Input A on the audio 8.

I'm really interested in getting into production and I was going to pick up a midi keyboard over the weekend but i don't think i'll bother unless I can fix this issue

Thanks!
    Rhys

Tech Convert

i've used 2 soundcards with fl studio so far without many problems. an old emu 0404 and currently and audio 2 DJ.

my audio 2 dj came with it's own drivers cd. i installed them. in fl studio i select "audio 2 dj" when selecting my driver/device.

check to see if "audio 8 dj" is an option and try using that.

When FL installs it also installs ASIO4ALL which you can use as the audio driver for FL.
    Just select that driver in your Audio Preferences.

When you load up FL while using ASIO4ALL you will notice a Green Play button like icon in your system tray, That is the Control Panel for the Asio4all driver where you can Enable/Disable any Soundcards attached to your computer as well change buffer sizes etc.

I usually run mine @ 2024 for the buffer.

When you set this up you will notice world of difference while using the program. No more audio glitches, the visual feedback will be smoother etc..
    MacBook Pro 2.53ghz . iMac 2.6ghrz . Compaq 2.4ghrz . Berhinger A5OD Reference Amp . Berhinger Ultra Graph Pro . Behringer Truth B1030A Monitors . Stanton FS Open . Native Instruments Maschine . Numark Mixdeck . TraktorLE . Vestax VCI-100 . Behringer UMX-25 . M-Audio Trigger Finger . . Ableton Live 8 . Reason 5 . Logic 9 Express .