Vestax Typhoon And Traktor Kontrol X1
    Tech Student

Default Vestax Typhoon And Traktor Kontrol X1

Hey guys, i just wondering, is it a good idea for me to bought a Vestax typhoon, and traktor kontrol X1 ? what i was trying to say is, Typhoon is already a standard setup for djing (mixer with a jogwheel) , but it lacks of button, and knob, and i want to used the kontrol X1 as an combination for extra button, and knob for more freedom on the effect and could be for juggling... Because in my country, VCI 100 is more expensive, than a typhoon and kontrol X1 together, so what do you think guys?

Thank you and sorry for my bad english

not a bad idea - decent amount of buttons and knobs. some might say get the american audio vms4 - but i think the quality of vestax and NI products will be higher. i have the kontrol x1, it's dope.

some reasons i wouldn't get the typhoon: mini fader-like eq's, would rather have 4channel mixer to manage 4 decks, typhoon will not have the best soundcard.

some reasons i would get it: standard jog wheel/mixer layout with all basic controls needed and x1 should cover the rest, soundcard is built-in (one less thing to carry around) not trying to contradict myself

when i'm buying dj equipment (which is not very often) i need to think about how i might want to use it in the future - will it be a worth while investment or will i out grow it too soon. if so, then i'm selling it second hand for way less than what i paid. if you just want to upgrade to Duo or Pro and use two decks, not playing big shows, it'll be perfect. my concern would be getting a club gig and not being satisfied with the soundcard.

Tech Student

Quote Originally Posted by deco View Post
    not a bad idea - decent amount of buttons and knobs. some might say get the american audio vms4 - but i think the quality of vestax and NI products will be higher. i have the kontrol x1, it's dope.

some reasons i wouldn't get the typhoon: mini fader-like eq's, would rather have 4channel mixer to manage 4 decks, typhoon will not have the best soundcard.

some reasons i would get it: standard jog wheel/mixer layout with all basic controls needed and x1 should cover the rest, soundcard is built-in (one less thing to carry around) not trying to contradict myself

when i'm buying dj equipment (which is not very often) i need to think about how i might want to use it in the future - will it be a worth while investment or will i out grow it too soon. if so, then i'm selling it second hand for way less than what i paid. if you just want to upgrade to Duo or Pro and use two decks, not playing big shows, it'll be perfect. my concern would be getting a club gig and not being satisfied with the soundcard.
    Thx for the comment dude , but if the soundcard is the problem, what if i used NI Audio 2 DJ to covered it up ? because i already had one, could this is be a good solving ? what i aim is not for playing in big show with this thing, only in local club or bar. And the traktor kontrol X1, it will be very usefull for playing in a larger gig, and someday i know by buying traktor kontrol X1, it will be a good investment for the future