OTUS & Traktor 1.2.1
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default OTUS & Traktor 1.2.1

is anyone on here using OTUS & Traktor 1.2.1??

and has it working fine??

also if you are a OTUS & Traktor 1.2.1 user..
    have any of you been able to get in touch with EKS..!!

i'm starting to think i'm all alone in the dark with this set up..!!!

i've built a new TSI set.
    its working..
    just got something weird happening ..

my deck A is bugging..
    if i touch the plater centre and stop the track playing, it dont start again ..
    i think it thinks i'm holding it..
    ive set it the same as deck B..
    i even deleted every ch1 & deck A and dupilcated all the ch2 & deck B setting and set every one the same..
    so it was the matching ..
    everything is rocking.. .. all but the deck A plater centre touch.!

anyone .. help..??

i need some one to test my TSI..

cheers
    B

Tech Mentor

hm can`t really help you but I had problems mapping multiple EKS XP10s to 1.2.1. Somehow Traktor didn't recognize them as multiple units (well not your problem really) and mapping them into a single tsi was a pain in the ass due to strange bugs too. I also got weird soundcard notifications. So I guess it might be a driver problem or just traktor not liking the X-mapper.
    Tell me if you get any information from EKS

For now I think I`ll downgrade, make a nice tsi with the tools developed by RainerH. and hop on the update train once 1.2.xxxx? is out and running stable.

Tech Student

Shot in the Dark,

But boogie pimps have some awesome Tsi on there website

http://www.boogiepimps.com/index.php...=120&Itemid=45

have a look there and see if anything helps!

Tech Student

Hey mate,

I'm using the Otus with Traktor 1.2.1, had no problems so far, have not experienced what you are talked about but I do not use the central platter that much...

NM for a second your TSI file, have you tried running the setup wizard (under configuration in the bottom left corner) and checked if then the problem is occuring?
    If not, try and compare your setting to the one that the setup wizard produces. Another place I'd look would be the MIDI settings (the OTUS driver) since you say it works with Deck B but not Deck A - I would verify both decks work with the same preset.

doof12345 - thanks for the link, it looks awesome, and I've been looking hard for alternative midi settings...!
    The one thing that bugs me is that if I want to use an internal mixer is that I cannot control the FX properly through the controller! Anyone maybe have any idea how it can be mapped to sort of enjoy both worlds?

The reasons I want to keep the internal mixer are:
    1) I want to be able to record my sets
    2) I'm going travelling and would prob find myself many times with no mixer handy around
    3) (due to previous point) I'm selling my mixer

If anyone has any idea, it would be great!

Tech Guru

People who have problems like that I always say the same thing: update Traktor, and redownload the v1.2.3 driver from EKS. They are always correcting things.

Also, they probably won't be likely to respond on issues with the EKS Otus at the time being because the Raw will be released soon to correct alot of issues. From my understanding, the Otus supports high res MIDI signals from the platter, but NI has yet to tighten the support for it in Traktor.

Default eks otus

hi

yeah they are a bit slow on the eks website. I updated to the latest update 1.2.3 i think and all works great for me.

although after seeing the latest stuff from Ean on the vci100 i'm tempted to sell otus for the vci100. Tough desicion. What do you think?

Tech Mentor

I think ur crazy! Why don't you just copy the ideas you like to your OTUS tsi? There are plenty of buttons, knobs and rotaries to imitate the setup.
    @Twumpy

Tech Wizard

hey Zimfewlla,

are you on MAC or PC..???
    so if you have T Pro 1.2.3 working with the OTUS
    are you also using
    EKS DRIVER PACK UPDATE FOR OSX 04.01.2010

if there is anyone else out there using a MAC with the a OTUS & 1.2.3 with the latest EKS DRIVER PACK UPDATE FOR OSX
    and has it working fine..????

Quote Originally Posted by zimfella View Post
    hi

yeah they are a bit slow on the eks website. I updated to the latest update 1.2.3 i think and all works great for me.

although after seeing the latest stuff from Ean on the vci100 i'm tempted to sell otus for the vci100. Tough desicion. What do you think?

Hi Stumpy

yeah your right! I'd be crazy to get rid of it! might get a akai mpc to copmliment it! Thanks for helping me make up my mind. There's so much out there to choose from these day's!

Hi Brewster

I'm using a pc with all the latest updates from both traktor and eks. took a while to learn midi mapping as none really out there good enough i felt. Although the latest version of traktor has a tsi for it already. try update to that.

good luck
    nice one guys!

Tech Wizard

all sorted..
    i've made a bunch of cool TSI's that work for me...

happy to share with peeps..
    just PM me..!!

cheers
    BB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast