DJs who fear or start to experience tinnitus clamor for a better monitoring option so they don’t have to blast headphones in competition with a massive sound system. Quite often, in-ear monitors are a good solution, helping to block out external sounds, like combination earbud/earplugs. Now, Pioneer is entering the in-ear monitor market, announcing two new models that parallel their DJ headphones line, featuring drivers tuned for DJ monitoring.
Here’s the full details from Pioneer’s press release:
- Hybrid 2-Way Driver: [produces] clear and more precise audio quality throughout the entire frequency spectrum. With the use of rare and powerful magnets for its speakers, the larger 9.4 mm driver located in the back of the earphone produces low bass frequencies with impact, while the front driver efficiently generates critical mid and high frequencies so key instrumental sounds DJs pay close attention to, such as snare drums and cymbals, are more pronounced.
- Multiple Earphone Tips: includes three Comply™ foam earphone tips (S/M/L) to provide an extremely comfortable fit as well as reduce unwanted external sounds from entering and interfering with the original music. In addition, the model also includes four silicone tips (XS/S/M/L) and one triple flanged silicone tip to accommodate different sizes of ear canals.
- Detachable Cable: a detachable MMCX connector for maximum versatility. The cable is applied with a special textile coating that improves durability and reduces tangling and twisting.
- Dynamic Driver: a large 9.4 mm driver and CCAW voice coil reinforced by a powerful magnet for efficient production of a wide frequency range for different types of music listening. The diaphragm of the speaker is made of a ceramic powder coating composite designed to reduce internal vibration that can cause distortion to be induced into the original music content.
- Adjustable Housing: designed for over-the-ear or conventional fitting utilizing a rotatable housing that can easily be adjusted to the user’s listening preference.
- Earphone Tips: also includes a medium sized Comply™ foam earphone tip for maximum comfort, fit and noise isolation, as well as four silicone tips (XS/S/M/L) to accommodate different sizes of ear canals.
- Detachable Cable: Pioneer also designed the MMCX connector to be detachable for increased versatility. In addition, several inches of the cable that plugs into the earphone are made of memory-shape resin material to help ensure the earphone stays in place when used in over-the-ear applications.
Pioneer expects to launch both sets of in-ear monitors in April, with MSRPs of $359 for the DJE-2000 and $189 for the DJE-1500.Related