Mixvibes Cross has historically been the DJ software that matches what other prominent platforms do, making a parallel feature set that does everything just as well as the industry leaders. Today Paris-based Mixvibes is rolling out a brand new version, Cross 3, which adds an entire video control system to the DJ software.
Here’s the specs on the video system – it’s pretty comparable to Serato Video:
- 2 full-featured audio/video players
- Mixer and effects can control only video, only audio or both at the same time
- HD external output from the computer’s display port
- 35 video transitions and 18 video effects
- Video output recording
Sync videos to any of your tracks
Cross allows you to put up a proper show with synced visuals… with the flexibility of live selection that DJs love. It’s easy: prepare a few video clips, and play them on top of all your tracks.
- Load audio and video separately
- Sync the BPM of the video to the audio
- Save audio/video combos in one click
Video for every DJ
We believe that DJs should try video mixing. Therefore, the core video features are now available in all 3 versions of Cross for Mac/PC: Cross DJ Free, Cross DJ and Cross. Make no mistake, Cross is a DJ software with powerful video features, not a VJ software.
World’s first video sampler
For the first time in a DJ software, Cross gives you two 4-pad video samplers:
- Easily add VJ loops to your mix
- Hot video sampling: sample any part of the video playing in the deck
- Edit video content straight into Cross with the sampler: no need for third party software
- Save your video sample banks
Put your own content in Cross & record your set
- Live webcam input: display live footage from the party
- Titler: add text or images to the output
- Record video mixes
The thing about Cross that makes it have a higher chance of success than other smaller fish in the DJ software world is that it’s probably one of the most open DJ platforms out there. Almost any digital DJ setup can be integrated into Cross 3. Over 80 different controllers are compatible with MIDI mapping downloads, there’s advanced HID CDJ integration, and the DVS control works with any soundcard, including Rane and Native Instruments’ offerings.
Cross 3 also adds colored waveforms, a new EQ preset modeled on Pioneer DJM mixers, and support for playing back Apple Lossless and WMA music files. The software is available for free in a basic 2-deck version – Cross DJ Free - as well as the two versions that unlock more features – Cross DJ, and Cross. The full-featured version of Cross runs $130.Related